Reinstalling Windows 98...

Why? For the good ol' times, that is! The first 6 years of my computing 'experience' were done on 9x, so I can't wait to reinstall it and boot it with Windows 7. Any incompatibilities I should be aware about? I know I have to install it on a FAT32 partition, and for multibooting I shall make Windows 7's system partition active again and then I shall use EasyBCD for multibooting. (Now, doesn't that sound nice ).
Why Windows 98? Refer to the beggining. I miss it so much.

A 11 year old knows so much about computers. It amazes me

Retardedwolf, i was introduced to visual basic when i was 8. built first computer at 9.

Tails. watch out that your disk isnt marked as being "too big" for fat32. also watch out for missing drivers.

Yeah good old times...
I also always install Win98 on my 3 old computers i still have in a room

The only thing you should look out for if you do it on a new PC, if you have alot of Memory on it is maybe to much for 98 and it can crash somethimes..

But just try it.

Good luck!

i hate it. ok, it may be light weight but it takes a long time to set up. i'd sacrifice 20 seconds on boot time to have to not worry about fixing shit

Suggestion, install it on Virtual Box... which I also do that... xd

(Still remember using Windows 98 when i was like 4 :P)

You can connect to the Internet using Virtual Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjying95
Посмотреть сообщение
You can connect to the Internet using Virtual Box
Nope, [HUGE SUPER DUPER BOLD SIZE THOUSAND LETTERS] I [/HUGE SUPER DUPER BOLD SIZE THOUSAND LETTERS] cannot. You see, a virtual machine is considered as a second PC physically - my Internet contract allows me to only use this Ethernet wire on a single computer, and when the Virtual PC is detected by my ISP, my Internet is cut off instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
Посмотреть сообщение
Nope, [HUGE SUPER DUPER BOLD SIZE THOUSAND LETTERS] I [/HUGE SUPER DUPER BOLD SIZE THOUSAND LETTERS] cannot. You see, a virtual machine is considered as a second PC physically - my Internet contract allows me to only use this Ethernet wire on a single computer, and when the Virtual PC is detected by my ISP, my Internet is cut off instantly.
Dude... That sucks! I don't have a good internet connection, but I can hook up a lot more computers then that.

I have a lot of computers here, each one (besides the most used) have a different OS - some newer some not. I even have one which runs Mac OSx 10 and Ubuntu 10.4LS. It's pretty cool, soon I'll get myself another home server running Debian Lenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
Dude... That sucks! I don't have a good internet connection, but I can hook up a lot more computers then that.

I have a lot of computers here, each one (besides the most used) have a different OS - some newer some not. I even have one which runs Mac OSx 10 and Ubuntu 10.4LS. It's pretty cool, soon I'll get myself another home server running Debian Lenny.
That sounds nice.
Finished downloading Windows 98 SE in less than 2 minutes, average downloading speed was 8.5 MB/s ^_^
Burning time...

Quote:

Good memories. My first Windows 98 computer from 1998 still works.
I tested the machine for a few weeks ago. I could still connect to my broadband.
I have many memories from Windows 98 too. The computer still runs Half Life with no problems.
The video card on this computer is overclocked also ^^ LOL .. It is the ATI Rage Pro to think ..

I have also knowledge about computers. has been a nerd for many years. lol.

Awesome.

Quote:

realcop may i ask.

what is the current count of PC's you have in your home(or shed ofcourse XD)

He probably has over nine thousand PCs. XD