Scart CCTV to IP?

Well basically we have a CCTV camera on our house, which is leading to a TV mounted on the wall VIA Scart.

I would MUCH prefer this to be Online watch able. Is there some sort of adapter you can get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
Посмотреть сообщение
Well basically we have a CCTV camera on our house, which is leading to a TV mounted on the wall VIA Scart.

I would MUCH prefer this to be Online watch able. Is there some sort of adapter you can get?
I do not think you can do it with a normal CCTV camera. I think you would have to have a network camera or something. You may be able to get some sort of audio/video adapter and have it go into your PC, then stream that feed to a website... Although it isn't very secure.

I'm not bothered about it being secure, I can deal with that part, But yeah.

If you can connect the camera to your computer and record at the same time you could stream it like RealCop228 said Like use Nullsoft Video Stream (NVS) and then the camera will be able to view in winamp/shoutcast media library You could also write a simple html code that shows the stream

I already know that part, i need to know about a converter, I just remembered that my camera has a second output. Looks like S-Video but dosn't fit.

OFF TOPIC: You can use WEBCAMS to be honest, and it streams to people al over the world.

On Topic: Its not possible to get a 'normal' cctv camera, you would require a network camera and would also have to get the network camers PCI-E card for your computer.

That's not correct, i do have a Network camera at another house, and it just goes through the network to the router.

Anyway on the converting part, I found something that would convert it to S-Video, and i have a capture card with S-Video somewhere.

Is the camera is connected to your PC?