weapon pickups in vehicles

so what would you do? just attach the object to player/vehicle?

and onplayerkeystatechange lctrl = fire?

P.S

hiddos i think i can remember why you didnt reply to my pm :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FU]Victious
Посмотреть сообщение
hiddos i think i can remember why you didnt reply to my pm :P
Yeah, I was eating.

Wut did you do wrong this time, do you need to attach weapons to the vehicles, fire those weapons OR use them as pickups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, I was eating.

Wut did you do wrong this time, do you need to attach weapons to the vehicles, fire those weapons OR use them as pickups?
sorry :P

and yes

attach weapons to the vehicle then fire them asif youre on foot

Eh, that's rather impossible, holding a weapon in-game and firing a weapon are two different things.

Here's a random explanation:

The ''weapon'' that the player is holding, is an object. It has been attached to the player (Here you'd say SetPlayerHoldingObject).

When somebody fires the weapon, that player does an animation (And the firing effect) while the script calculates the players firing angle to reach the point of impact.

Simply said: Cars can't fire :P (Though it could be possible to fire rockets with MoveObject & crap)

like attach the weapon object to the car, then they onplayerkeystatechange will come into play so when player presses lctrl, it will fire?

I'm trying to say that "weapons" and "fire" have nothing to do with eachother, they're separate things. GTA SA is programmed that a player can only shoot IF he has a specific weapon hold (Object) and is on-foot. In a car, he is NOT on-foot, neither does he wields any guns (possible SMG's though, but they're still objects which don't affect the player)

so only rockets will work?

and/or

setplayerholdingobject