lower server ping?

Is there any way i can lower player pings at my server? any programs/registery tweaks or anything else except getting a faster internet connection?

the server really starts to lag when more players get in... yea, home hosted.

sucks:

No there's nothing you can really do pretty much most people that decide to do home hosting are likely poor kids and the fact being is your mom and dad doesn't buy 200-300 dollor internet connection, So you are limited to likely having 5-10 players on without "ping spikes" and such.

Host it with a professional hoster, and locate it at a spot that is close to most of your players, so those players have a low ping. That's pretty much all you can do.
Home hosting costs nothing, but it's not good for you or your players when you have a growing server.

Max if you want to try it out on my server go on MSN...

You could try reducing the distance between your server and router but thats mms it changes not ms....

Better router, Better cables, faster server.

Most of all , Better internet conection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr187
Посмотреть сообщение
No there's nothing you can really do pretty much most people that decide to do home hosting are likely poor kids and the fact being is your mom and dad doesn't buy 200-300 dollor internet connection, So you are limited to likely having 5-10 players on without "ping spikes" and such.
I don't think "poor" is the word you're looking for. Who pays $200-$300 for internet anyway?

The reason I can't get a server is definitely not because I'm poor, but because my mom thinks her paypal/credit card will be hacked if I give out it's information to a hosting service.

Just because someone has to do home hosted instead of professional host, doesn't mean their poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't think "poor" is the word you're looking for. Who pays $200-$300 for internet anyway?

The reason I can't get a server is definitely not because I'm poor, but because my mom thinks her paypal/credit card will be hacked if I give out it's information to a hosting service.

Just because someone has to do home hosted instead of professional host, doesn't mean their poor.
*WHIPED!*

But if you are hosting from a WIFI computer, pluging it in via Ethernet will increase the speed and reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
Посмотреть сообщение

If you had money even if your under 18 you can pick up a pre-paid credit card with your parent and do it yourself so i yes the word "poor" is what i am looking for.

And if your mom thinks "paypal" isn't safe well shes living a dream, Because paypal is more safe than supermarkets even hotels and such.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
If you had money even if your under 18 you can pick up a pre-paid credit card with your parent and do it yourself so i yes the word "poor" is what i am looking for, Don't try to correct me.

And if your mom thinks "paypal" isn't safe well shes living a dream.
I'd have to agree with you. But I agree with him as well. I don't really trust any internet money transaction so I would just go to the bank, get some money and get a prepaid card. Its simple as that, add a little info to register the card and you are buying a server in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd have to agree with you. But I agree with him as well. I don't really trust any internet money transaction so I would just go to the bank, get some money and get a prepaid card. Its simple as that, add a little info to register the card and you are buying a server in no time.
Well even me, I don't trust credit cards and such nowhere, My credit card is prepaid, I am over 18 so anytime i could have like a 3-4 grand limit one, But with this i can't spend over 100 CAD a day on it without talking to my bank first and only money i assign to it can be used so i like it to be honest, Saves me from worries anyways.

But trust me any local motel, or supermarket and such they always got teenagers working there so i feel more safe with paypal with my credit card than i would with any other place.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
< ... >
fact being is your mom and dad doesn't buy 200-300 dollor internet connection
< ... >
Offtopic@
Who the hell pays over 100$ for a internet connection? That if this even exists.