Full effects of R7

My server updated to R7 features ect. We use them good. no bugs.

ever since we did this... ServerFFS says the server using 50%-60% CPU usage, and they restart it.

Does Pvar's accross many filterscripts Use to much CPU?

We have 3-5 Filterscripts sharing, if not more...

I have this problem too.

I've tested buth R4 and R7 version of server and the conclusion was that somehow R7 and beyond.. has some strange memory leak. I guess is because of PVars are somehow allocated by players(at join) and not freed of player disconnects.

PS: I used the default gamemode (grandlarc) and got the same results.

Make sure you upgrade to 0.3a R8 (simply, a crash-fix, but still).

I'm not able to replicate this.

Allready done that. The memory problem is still present.

I've posted in this topic because CPU usage grows progressive in time together with memory (because memory leak).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmitsu
Посмотреть сообщение
Allready done that. The memory problem is still present.
How many PVars do you actually have scripted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
How many PVars do you actually have scripted?
None! I've stopped using Pvars because they were slow comparing with native pawn static allocated memory.
Allready mentioned that I've made some tests with the default grandlarc gamemode and the result is still the same.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
None! I've stopped using Pvars because they were slow comparing with native pawn static allocated memory.
Allready mentioned that I've made some tests with the default grandlarc gamemode and the result is still the same.
Oh, I see, I thought you said you added PVars to it.

Strange then, maybe something was left in that was supposed to be for the 0.3b release and not fully removed?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
PVars are slower, but it will use less memory, which is very usefull for gamemodes like PEN/GF.

Could be a chance of faulty or simply overloaded hardware aswell, I havent had any memory leaks or CPU spikes on servers in 0.3 yet on my machines.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, I know that.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I had this problem in past with the mysql plugin but I've managed to solve it by switching to an alternate sql plugin and it was ok until I switched on R5, R6....R8 server version. (Since the introduction of PVars).
I've allready mentioned that I manage to solve that problem by switching to another plugin. I only got into this problem after switching to a versions after the introduction of PVars. (newer than R5)

I've told in the previous posts that I'm not using any PVars. I've tried to use them but the memory grow was even faster and they were slow.. and more than that, I've tried with the default grandlarc gamemode and there is the same problem.