Question about compatible editions of the game

I was wondering, does SA-MP work with the AO and Second Edition of the game? Also, I know that the Second Edition just had the "hot coffee" scene removed, but is the AO version the exact same as the M version that was initially released or not? Thanks for any replies.

Well, I only think 1.0 works. You will need the downgrade patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HiC
TheKiller [Stuntp.com] ]
Right, so my question is do these versions have 1.0 or because they're newer are they already updated to a higher patch? I don't own the game yet, that's why I'm asking before I buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmaster2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HiC
TheKiller [Stuntp.com] ]
Right, so my question is do these versions have 1.0 or because they're newer are they already updated to a higher patch? I don't own the game yet, that's why I'm asking before I buy.
If you have a higher version It must been of been added mods and etc and SA:MP does not support It so you would either get the downloadable patch that can allow you to play SA:MP.

-Fresh_

Sorry Fresh, your answer makes no sense.

When you buy the game, it does not include version 1.0, only 2.0 (or 1.1 in some cases), which can be downgraded. Basically any new version (except 3.0 [Steam]) can be downgraded via the downgrade patch, which will convert the game to version 1.0.

In a nutshell, just don't buy the game from Steam. There are ways to get around this but it involves things which cannot be discussed here.