Best os

I did a search but i didn't find anything what i am curious what is the best Opreating System [OS] To host a server?

linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ101
linux.
Which linux theres like a milion of them, I currently have a Old dell server it's 2 pentium 3's running at 667 mhz with 512 ram. It's just for hosting my server while i'm making it. It runs fine with xp but xp seems to eat a lot more ram.

Linux CentOS 5 for a more enterprise solution (easier learning curve aswell)
or Debian seem to be the most popular ones on the forum.

I'd recommend CentOS 5 though

Thank you for the replys, Think i may try centos on this dell server i got

IMO there isn't really a better OS to host a SA-MP server. It all depends on what plugins (if any) you want to use, and what your computer can run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Fallow / KevKo
IMO there isn't really a better OS to host a SA-MP server. It all depends on what plugins (if any) you want to use, and what your computer can run.
Well, Windows = more CPU / Memory being wasted, Linux = less depending on what you got on the system's but in general yeah.

Anyways, I got CentOS hosting PR-RP, Because i installed and love VNC, Wasn't for that, I would of used Ubuntu, But yeah i hate SSH alot of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr187
Anyways, I got CentOS hosting PR-RP, Because i installed and love VNC, Wasn't for that, I would of used Ubuntu, But yeah i hate SSH alot of times.
Yes, because you can't use VNC on Debian.

Linux or Windows Server 2003