My ping

Hello.

I've got a brand new computer for Christmas and, of course, now I've got issues with it.

When I go on any SAMP servers, my ping is way above average (around 350). I mainly play on LSRP and it's not enjoyable anymore. Before, I had an average of 120 and I still do with my old computer, but the PC itself makes the game laggy (early pentium 4 etc.). I don't think it's my ISP since it works fine on any other computer on the network. I tried closing any program that took bandwith on my new PC and it doesn't change a thing. Also, when I put my cursor on a server like LSRP, it says my ping is +/- 125, but as soon as I go on the server, my ping gets very high after +/- 10 seconds. I run windows vista. These are my specs :

Intel Core Duo T6600
4GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 260M 1GB
Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits

I tought it could be my wireless connection, but if I turn it off and connect myself with a wire it changes absolutely nothing. I made like 100 virus scans with adaware, Avast, uninstalled it for AVG and still nothing, Housecall and Spybot. The computer is clean. MSN and all that stuff aren't on when I play either. What could the problem be?

your propblem is probably the 64bit operating system

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert4049
your propblem is probably the 64bit operating system
I have that aswell and my ping is normal like anyday ?
So if you dont have usefull stuff to post dont post.

[Doppeyy

My new computer is not connected in my old computer. They're both connected to the same router. I tried servers near me in Canada and I still get a 300+ Ping. I tested my connection and when I'm not playing I get good pings. I guess the problem is my actual computer. I also tried at my friend's house and I get the exact same Pings and my friend's connection is even faster