6200 6600gt

i has another computer, with a Pentium 4 HT 3,00 GhZ, 2GB RAM DDR, Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128mb DDR3 128bit. I can run FSX medium high scenery,plane Ultra High, and rest is low,except graphics which i put custom, but with a good quality, dun remember its defs though. i run FSX on those settings at around 40 FPS. but when i got to addon planes like wilco or PMDG, it reduces to 10 or 8 FPS, which sux, i used it on WinXP btw, they say FSX on 7 has better peformances, maybe il buy win7 for it... dunno...
Anyways. Will a Nvidia GeForce 6200 512mb ram be better? i heard its worse, and i heard its 64-bit,not sure, The Box says its DDR2 memory, and i think its dedicated RAM; but im not sure. Will i have better performance in games with a 6200?

A 6200 is far far worse than a 6600GT, even if it has 4 times as much memory.
Those low end graphics cards with higher amounts of memory are a dirty marketing trick because most people will think they are "good" for having a lot of memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchkinson
i has another computer, with a Pentium 4 HT 3,00 GhZ, 2GB RAM DDR, Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128mb DDR3 128bit. I can run FSX medium high scenery,plane Ultra High, and rest is low,except graphics which i put custom, but with a good quality, dun remember its defs though. i run FSX on those settings at around 40 FPS. but when i got to addon planes like wilco or PMDG, it reduces to 10 or 8 FPS, which sux, i used it on WinXP btw, they say FSX on 7 has better peformances, maybe il buy win7 for it... dunno...
Anyways. Will a Nvidia GeForce 6200 512mb ram be better? i heard its worse, and i heard its 64-bit,not sure, The Box says its DDR2 memory, and i think its dedicated RAM; but im not sure. Will i have better performance in games with a 6200?
for 512 go for an nvidia 8400 gt bud.

nah, it has to be AGP 8x, dunno if theres 8400 in AGP though. Im saving up to buy the 3850 AGP 8x. cose the P4 HT is great for games,

Just upgrade your mobo and find one that has a LGA 775 socket and get a low profile card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTailsTheStunter
Just upgrade your mobo and find one that has a LGA 775 socket
Yup, upgrade your motherboard and then get a 1024mb 9800 GT, there you got performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutty
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTailsTheStunter
Just upgrade your mobo and find one that has a LGA 775 socket
Yup, upgrade your motherboard and then get a 1024mb 9800 GT, there you got performance.
nah mobo's fine. its a socket 478 i think, its an asus P4P800,me thinks, and it has no problem, il upgrade RAM from 2GB to 4GB, and buy an ATI Radeon HD 3480 AGP 512mb, its a nice ATI

To be completely honest, you need a complete upgrade. The whole rig is stuck in the stone age. :/

its not my main comp, the CPU is not real bad for gaming, its better than my main comp, which has a Pentium DUal Core 1,86 GhZ. that P4 HT 3.00GhZ is neat,a friend with the same CPU, same mobo and same ram bought that ati radeon hd 3480 AGP and he plays CoD Modern wardare 2 with some nice FPS at a medium / high detail!

soooo, u use the one comp for hosting the other one for gaming?