2GB ram install problem

I installed another 2GB of ram and GTA4 now crashes, the first time i tried nothing loaded only some objects, now when it is loading just before spawning it will crash, for some weird error, about replay or something, gona try a reinstall.

reinstall the game!

Make sure the rams are properly placed. If that's not the issue, remove them 1-by-1 and test it.

What type of RAM and what type of RAM did you have before?

the ram is fine, GTAIV is not.

Ram works for everything else. and windows detects it, its the same type of ram as my other one

try reinstalling gta iv then..

How fast is your RAM? This could be the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz (No1servers.co.uk)

Ram works for everything else. and windows detects it, its the same type of ram as my other one
So GTA4 worked before the RAM, and now it crashes. Common denominator = RAM.

Don't reinstall GTA4 thats a waste of time. Installing RAM does nothing that would require anything to be reinstalled.

Download a memory test program and run it. If your new RAM is REALLY compatible (including speed, latency settings, etc) as you say it is...then its very likely you got a bum module. Trust me....it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Quote:

So GTA4 worked before the RAM, and now it crashes. Common denominator = RAM.

Don't reinstall GTA4 thats a waste of time. Installing RAM does nothing that would require anything to be reinstalled.

Download a memory test program and run it. If your new RAM is REALLY compatible (including speed, latency settings, etc) as you say it is...then its very likely you got a bum module. Trust me....it happens.
It was GTA4, That was the only problem, Resinstalled an it works great now!

Quote:
I installed another 2GB of ram and GTA4 now crashes, the first time i tried nothing loaded only some objects, now when it is loading just before spawning it will crash, for some weird error, about replay or something, gona try a reinstall.
If it worked before the RAM, then it probably s your ram, Maybe you got faulty ram. IF everything else works but the game. Then im pretty sure your game install is fine.