Administrator Password

I have forgot my router's password. i want to run a online sa-mp server. need the admin password. how to reset/get a new password?

In order to restore your password for your PC, You will have to boot the PC up in safe mode and remove the password for the administrator account then put a new password on, This is the only way i know of.

Can you give me some more info or make pictures of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manunited1878
Can you give me some more info or make pictures of it?
**How to start your PC in Safe Mode**

If you don't really know what you're doing then it'd be best if you just reinstalled the OS. See this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - X-Host
In order to restore your password for your PC, You will have to boot the PC up in safe mode and remove the password for the administrator account then put a new password on, This is the only way i know of.
I really hope you're not serious about running a hosting company when you come up with such crap advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBo
If you don't really know what you're doing then it'd be best if you just reinstalled the OS. See this.

Quote:
I really hope you're not serious about running a hosting company when you come up with such crap advice.
What's wrong with safemode?

I've done the same thing when I forgot my password.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manunited1878
I have forgot my admin password on Pc. i want to run a online sa-mp server. need the admin password. how to reset/get a new password?
then how you log in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edalad
then how you log in?
Another PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vortex_
Quote:

Quote:
What's wrong with safemode?

I've done the same thing when I forgot my password.
Because when you boot in safe mode the administrator account will still have the same password...

Quote:

Quote:
It's not crap advice, People even tell you to do it that way, I even do it that way, If your so brilliant why don't you share your view on the matter and tell everybody how you would do it, Instead you post useless crap.

You could always do it the old way. Log in to another account if you have one. Run Command Prompt. Find the netuser for admin and change the password.
Or download Hiren boot CD and there is a password recovery app on there.

Man, its not the pc user, its the admin password!! i wanna do my server online, when i type my gateway adress on my internet browser, it comes like this, and i have forgot the password!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45167252@N04/4176650464/

this is your router's password, not your PC's administrator account.
If it's still set to the default one, it's often "default", "password", "admin" ...
You could also look at the bottom of your router device, sometimes there's still a label with the default password there.

if you are 10 years old though and don't know what a router is, ask your parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVe;
this is your router's password, not your PC's administrator account.
If it's still set to the default one, it's often "default", "password", "admin" ...
You could also look at the bottom of your router device, sometimes there's still a label with the default password there.

if you are 10 years old though and don't know what a router is, ask your parents.
i cant find it, try some pictures please

Try typing "admin" for the password and "admin" for the username without the quotes.

If that doesn't work, consult ****** with the model number of your router in order to find the default password of the model.

Furthermore if you do find the default password and it doesn't work, there should be a reset to factory default button on the physical router, press than and restart the router to login with the default password as administrator.

Actually it's usually "admin" as the username with no password.

ive reset my dlink before using its installation disk (factory reset option)
try doing a search for the installation disk image on ******, download it and run it, it most likely has a factory reset option

most routers also have a factory reset button (the ones that you gotta press using a sharp object) near the back, i think mine has one near its usb slot