Example Admin Panel Using Dialogs v2 [Updated 9/18/09]

Example Admin Panel V2.0

What Is It?
It's the Dialog-Based equivalent of standard admin commands. Very user friendly and easy enough to manage, but advanced enough to get any job done. This is just a demo of the work I plan on accomplishing in the weekend. I'm letting people use this (without credits, because frankly, I can't stop you from pretending it's yours) to get used to the new SA-MP 0.3 update and it's functions. As SA-MP progresses, as will this until it's completed.

How Do I Make My Own Commands?
I will be making a tutorial for an easy approach to this script. For now I suggest looking at the examples I've made of the basic commands found on any server.

What's New?
Version 2.0 - Demo Release
- The Script has been COMPLETELY redone and has been optimized for both server use, and scripter use.
- Menus are no longer collaspable //This would eventually bring unwanted large strings with a sizable command list
- Player List for input selection now has multiple pages, assuming there are enough players to fulfil a whole page.
- The script can now handle an infinite (as long as you can script it) amount of Categories and thus, functions
- In-Script functions have been made for the convenience of the scripter, a 'Make-It-Comfortable' style way of creating commands (almost, but eh, whatcha gunna do?)

Pictures

This is used for the 'Go To' function, it lets you make the clicked on player go to the selected player (duh)

Bots won't be detected in it, this was just an example.

Download
*note* It will give you a "Variable Not Used" Warning when compiling, I was too lazy to remove it and it kind of shows where I'm going next with the script. Just ignore it.
Download AdminPanelv2.PWN
Download AdminPanelv1.PWN

new string[1024];

Ooh, very nice. Although I do agree with using commands still, at least for some things.

This is good for people who can't remember commands, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetle
new string[1024];
It has to be big to accomodate up to 500 player names. I'll switch it over to use MegaHugeString1, the global temp variable.

this is pritty nice mate might use your idear but build into my script with my own thing i never thought about this

Quote:
new string[1024];
Like seif said, ' big '.

Very nice, I don't like 0.3 because im not used to the new coding, but it could be a positive change, Good job !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiitch[WS
- WestSide Servers ]
Quote:
new string[1024];
Like seif said, ' big '.

Very nice, I don't like 0.3 because im not used to the new coding, but it could be a positive change, Good job !
i think 0.3 is awesome makes coding so much funner and useing all the new things make my server even better i love dialog boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiitch[WS
- WestSide Servers ]
Quote:
new string[1024];
Like seif said, ' big '.

i think 0.3 is awesome makes coding so much funner and useing all the new things make my server even better i love dialog boxes.
Indeed. i'm just not use to it is all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seif_ [adream-rp.com
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Staff
Quote:
new string[1024];
It has to be big to accomodate up to 500 player names. I'll switch it over to use MegaHugeString1, the global temp variable.
You should do like what Y_Less said, shorten the array size and limit the list to 10-32 players and add a "more" option.
That makes sense, I guess then it would only need a 512 array size (MAX_PLAYER_NAME+5)*17.

I've just always hated 'more' tabs. But with 15 names to go by it wouldn't be such a hassle. Just need to add a new variable.

EDIT* I think I'm going to re-write it entirely so it's systems are easier on the eyes.