Can having a slow computer cause your player to lag on the server?

Was just wondering, I've suspected it for a while but I'm no tech expert.

Yeh it can, happens to me

Does it cause problems for other people though, say if they're trying to shoot you?

Obviously the better your specs, the better performance you will have when playing games. So if your lagging you can proberly say the other players will notice lol.

Well it could cause a few problems, like your car would be like near them, when it's really somewhere else(where you are), shooting with lag is a pain in the arse, it will look like it's hitting them, but it's not. All I can think of atm.

I would of thought this would be self explanitory.

If your computer has trouble running GTASA at an acceptable framerate, then yes you will appear laggy on the server. On most games, this gives players an advantage over you (since the server calculates hit registry) but in SA-MP it will give neither of you an advantage.

If your computer can't run it at an acceptable frame rate, turn down the graphics and screen resolution, or get a better computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ
If your computer has trouble running GTASA at an acceptable framerate, then yes you will appear laggy on the server. On most games, this gives players an advantage over you (since the server calculates hit registry) but in SA-MP it will give neither of you an advantage.

If your computer can't run it at an acceptable frame rate, turn down the graphics and screen resolution, or get a better computer.
I thought lagg could give you an advantage, I mean, shove a quick large download on, start playing, and people have trouble killing you

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstabiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ

I thought lagg could give you an advantage, I mean, shove a quick large download on, start playing, and people have trouble killing you
network lag != system/graphics lag

And anyone starting a big download to gain an unfair advantage should go back to playing Pokemon and let the real gamers have their fun.

Computer Specs and Connection make a big difference.