Forwarding ports

if you bought a server what ports must you forward or do you not needa forward any?

That should be the server owner's concern, not yours.

Yeah if your an owner then forward the 7777 ports (Thats what I did)

If you buy a server, you need to forward the port in the server.cfg file. By default this is 7777. I'm sure the company you bought it from would help you through this process.

Explain a little more im a bit uneducated about this and intoxicated haha

Okay here we go... Look on your modem and look at the numbers and letters on them for e.g: 2072-B (Not sure if thats anyones) but look at yours and write them down...

Then goto Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig and look for your gateway... write that down....

Then goto www.portforwarding.com and look for your gateway (before that scroll down) then under that will come some numbers and letters....

Look for you letters and numbers you wrote down before (from your modem)

Then follow the steps after that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SampStunta
Okay here we go... Look on your modem and look at the numbers and letters on them for e.g: 2072-B (Not sure if thats anyones) but look at yours and write them down...

Then goto Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig and look for your gateway... write that down....

Then goto www.portforwarding.com and look for your gateway (before that scroll down) then under that will come some numbers and letters....

Look for you letters and numbers you wrote down before (from your modem)

Then follow the steps after that!
I think he has bought the server, he's not hosting at home.

Oh Okay Then you might just have to foward the ports in server.cfg (I don't know cos I just host at home)

I know that KingJ.net and ServerFFS.com does the work for you.

If you buy a server from a server host then you shouldn't need to do anything for them. They'll give you access to your server through FTP and/or a control panel most likely, and you will use them to control your server. They should take care of setup, if they didn't, it wouldn't make any sense because it would require you to be able to access their firewall's/routers.