Gta SA video card help

ok im trying to get an old friend to get GTA SA to work he went to canyourunit.com and checked to see if the computer he was using could support GTA SA.... everything passed except for the video card... before you say Dude if the video card didnt pass it wont work!!!! well thats not the case the only thing it didnt pass was the pixel shader 1.1 and I know for a fact you dont need it because my graphic card doesnt have pixel shader 1.1 and the game runs fine he has an intel 82865g graphic card.....and when he gets in the game a few seconds in it says "GTA SA has encountered a problem and needs to close sorry for the inconvenience" is this becasue he may have gotten a bad copy (off internet" and if he buys the game will it may work then? any help please?

:EDIT: now he has a laptop with windows vista which i know will run it but I got gta on my laptop and ran it and on the screen all these damn random letters and numbers would pop up on the damn screen how to fix that...or can you?

If his computer doesnt fit the system requirements he wont be able to run SA:MP either.

Get a new graphics card and a REAL copy of GTA:SA and it will work just fine.

ya but mine doesnt meet requirements and mine works :S weird?