Freezes at "Connected to server" - Singleplayer works fine.

My singleplayer version works fine, however when I load up "Argonath RPG" on SA-MP, it gets to:

SA-MP Initialized.
Connecting to ip.ip.ip.ip:ipip
Connected to server.
[SASD]Rory_A has joined the server

and at that point, it freezes. The only thing I can do there, is hit the windows key to get my task bar up so I can right click > close the game, and click end now and recycle.

It all worked fine one night, and then I tried to play the next morning and this problem happened.

At first, not even single player would work. So, being a new hard drive, I reformatted the whole HDD. Now single player works.

The ONLY modification I have right now is IMG Tool, SA-MP, and the down grader.

That wierd bug are very often happening on shitty Servers. A Player enters... Connected... CRASH! =_=

It worked just fine before, and the server is still populated just fine. My police group that I am in charge of can all play, and because of my absence, are starting to get impatient.

My girlfriend's version works just fine too..

Not sure what's going on, my single player works fine but this is the consistent problem with SA-MP.

Sometimes you will just crash on random Servers. I guess that this maybe is a SA-MP Bug.

i got the same problem i only can play on 1 server i disabled my firewall and have the latest sa:mp u can get but still it freezes and i have to restart my computer

It's not a crash during the game, it's whenever I connect to ANY server.

Whenever I connect to ANY server, after it says "Connection successful!" and "[SASD]Rory_A has joined" it stops and locks up. Sometimes I can windows key to close it, other times I have to fully hard boot.

Have you tried re-installing your GTA/SA-MP? Or deleting the gta_sa.set file in your GTA San Andreas User Files folder? Or maybe you have to delete the d3d9.dll in your GTA SA directory?

I'll try to delete the .set and d3d9 but not sure if it'll help.

I will not reinstall the game, single player works fine and I reformatted my hard drive, so there's NOTHING wrong with the game. Something that SAMP is requiring, or checking for is missing or corrupt.... Question is, what is it and where?

If you have the d3d9.dll, then that should be the problem. Delete it.

Deleted it, SAMP said it wouldn't play without Direct X 9.0 or higher.

Installed the DirectX on the GTA:SA CD, and it's still crashing the same exact way as before.

SAMP Is the problem. Single player works just fine.

Which mod contained the d3d9.dll? ENB Series?

It was in the windows folder.

This is REALLY starting to get frustrating. I haven't been able to play for 3 days, and I REFORMATTED my fucking computer to get this thing working, and it's doing the SAME thing it did before it reformatted.

The problem is SAMP. Single player works fine.

The problem is SAMP. These are the SAMP forums.

The problem is SAMP. Not my computer.

What the hell is wrong with SAMP?

SAMP = San Andreas Multi Player.

Then the only way to get your game working again must be re-installing it.
And try to re-install SA-MP too.

coop, again, for the fourth time, I reformatted my whole computer when this first started, and its still doing it.

Mmmmmmmmmmmkay. Sounds wierd.
If you have reformatted your computer, then it's a mysterious why it won't work.

Reformatted again, for the 3rd time - works now.

Don't know what the hell went wrong.

Maybe you had an auto-backup thingy? I've heard about these things.

hey Rory, the same has happend to me a few days ago, i will keep my eye on this topic, because i haven't fixed it yet too