About Object ID's ingame! Need pro advice!

Hi, as I asked before about map editors, most people pointed out MTA map editor which I used and found a bunch of objects I wanted. The only problem is, the objects I found are not in the format of numbers like SA-MP uses, i.e - object "15433."

I found the "names" of the objects. i.e - "cf_ext_dem_SFS"

Will it work if I just type in the object name? Or do I need to find the ID's to each of these object names? If so, how the hell do I do that?

Regards,
-The Wise Guys. (Although not so wise this time.)

Anyone?

<3!!!

in mta the format should be: "[objectid] name [objectid]"

something like that... im not sure the object ids are on both sides but you get it. so when in mta map editor on the object search, either type in the id or some kind of keyword, sense the names usually have some type of keyword of what the object is.

-Ethan

Try MEd. Not sure if it's still on these forums or not, but it has a search function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseGuy
Hi, as I asked before about map editors, most people pointed out MTA map editor which I used and found a bunch of objects I wanted. The only problem is, the objects I found are not in the format of numbers like SA-MP uses, i.e - object "15433."

I found the "names" of the objects. i.e - "cf_ext_dem_SFS"

Will it work if I just type in the object name? Or do I need to find the ID's to each of these object names? If so, how the hell do I do that?

Regards,
-The Wise Guys. (Although not so wise this time.)
You could script it in MTA and convert the script using Delux' Converter. Or as SilentHunteR said, you could use MEd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <__Ǝthan__>

something like that... im not sure the object ids are on both sides but you get it. so when in mta map editor on the object search, either type in the id or some kind of keyword, sense the names usually have some type of keyword of what the object is.

-Ethan
Hi, nope, MTA dosn't have the objects ID's on eaither side.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by <__Ǝthan__>

-Ethan
Hi, nope, MTA dosn't have the objects ID's on eaither side.

Regards,
It does for me? "SF_BRDGLF_9 [1889]"

Edit:
/imageshack/img6/3581/mtascreen.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by иєσz
Wow, you have a completly different looking map editor then I do?
http://i43.tinypic.com/kedniu.jpg

I have the latest version of the map editor, not sure if thats the problem. Also, I click on "Object" on the bottom left corner and that list panal shows. Am I doing it right?

Regards,
The Wise Guys. (although not so wise this time.)

errrr!!! Lol, no worries fellas, its on the top right hand corner... I'm so dumb.

Thanks for the help

O, and one more LAST request on the subject. Do you know what catogory I should be looking under to find this Terrian&Grass ID:

http://i39.tinypic.com/z20yt.jpg

I really need this specific terrian and grass ID, I looked like ape shit on the MTA editor, but couldn't find it. Care to help?

Regards.