Not having a great time with SA-MP

First I had to jump through hoops just to get it to work, remember, if it crashes after loading, try the no-cd.

Then I download from a bad site and get hit with something that keeps opening IE windows and I cant get rid of it though AVG is fully updated, ad-aware wont touch it either.My fault of course, but makes a bad day even worse, i might have to format now.

Then I get into a couple of servers where you have to register, but it isn't clear how to do it.I tried every possible combination of the command they listed but I just couldn't get registered.I know I was missing something, but still, frustrating.It would be nice if it were a common command for every server.Or if you register on the client and don't have to worry.

Ok then I finally get on and it seems like half the freaking dudes are hackers.I got mowed down with an full auto sawn off shotgun, people don't die, or lose health when you hit them, a few guys are using the full aim in vehicle cheat.That's my main problem so far, if it werent for the hackers I'd have a pretty good time with just the servers I can get into.Are there servers that are lacking security, or is this a problem with the entire game?

Regardless of this vent, please understand that this is just cool as hell.I never knew how much fun and insane multi-player GTA could be.Best of all, if you have the game, you can get it for free.So thanks to you for reading this, I hope you understand how I feel, and thanks to the SAMP team for a cool game.I just hope they aren't done working things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliarc
Ok then I finally get on and it seems like half the freaking dudes are hackers.I got mowed down with an full auto sawn off shotgun, people don't die, or lose health when you hit them, a few guys are using the full aim in vehicle cheat.That's my main problem so far, if it werent for the hackers I'd have a pretty good time with just the servers I can get into.Are there servers that are lacking security, or is this a problem with the entire game?
You may be wrong there, Because samp has a sync issue. Official servers are usually monitored. Except little whiteys

Because SA:MP has sync issues (or 'lag' issues), which is mostly why people don't seem to lose HP when you shoot at them. The main killer there is ping difference, and it's a real bitch.

It sounds like you're trying to join servers, that are Deathmatch (DM) servers... try Roleplay. It's way better.
The community that I'm at hosts an amazing server, with great roleplayers and cool people. We're prepping for the release in about a week, or two weeks, not sure. I'm sure you will like it, and everyone else that tries it. If you're intrested, click the 'Reloaded Roleplay v3' in my comment, it brings you to our website.

I hate DM, because it's stupid to me. And people have the opposite opinion about the last sentence also.
Choose what you like

If you need any help with much of anything, I'll do my best to assist you. Shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercetti_
Quote:
You may be wrong there, Because samp has a sync issue. Official servers are usually monitored. Except little whiteys
Thats the one where I was mowed down by the full auto shotgun, and where the dude was shooting a machine gun out of an airplane at me.I guess I just wont hit little whiteys anymore.Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hayden
Because SA:MP has sync issues (or 'lag' issues), which is mostly why people don't seem to lose HP when you shoot at them. The main killer there is ping difference, and it's a real bitch.

It sounds like you're trying to join servers, that are Deathmatch (DM) servers... try Roleplay. It's way better.
The community that I'm at hosts an amazing server, with great roleplayers and cool people. We're prepping for the release in about a week, or two weeks, not sure. I'm sure you will like it, and everyone else that tries it. If you're intrested, click the 'Reloaded Roleplay v3' in my comment, it brings you to our website.

I hate DM, because it's stupid to me. And people have the opposite opinion about the last sentence also.
Choose what you like

If you need any help with much of anything, I'll do my best to assist you. Shoot me a PM if you do.
Yea the Deathmatch just isn't much fun, I could get that on BF2 or something.I'd rather have some fun driving around with people or formation flying and whatnot.I'll definitely check your website out, thanks alot.

I suggest freeroam, you can do what the hell you want. No cops arresting you for silly reasons.

WeeDarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeDarr
I suggest freeroam, you can do what the hell you want. No cops arresting you for silly reasons.

WeeDarr
Lol I went on a RPG server and I said I kidnapped somone and all the police on the server went after me. It started of as a heli chaising after me I lost it. I hidden and then they found me I was like WTF

I was at the desk in the PD, wanting to report a robbery, then i got arrested for trespassing...

WeeDarr

Quote:
Then I get into a couple of servers where you have to register, but it isn't clear how to do it.I tried every possible combination of the command they listed but I just couldn't get registered.I know I was missing something, but still, frustrating.It would be nice if it were a common command for every server.Or if you register on the client and don't have to worry.
Try /register [yourpassword]
Quote:
I was at the desk in the PD, wanting to report a robbery, then i got arrested for trespassing...

WeeDarr
ROFL

Quote:

WeeDarr
lol
but it depends on the script and the servers team, not all RP servers are bad.