Textdraw as a crosshair?

Is it possible to create a textdraw in front of a player, like in some plane-shooter games?
Like a crosshair. If yes, how?
If they move the camera somewhere else, than in front of them, the textdraw dissapears.

Any help?

I reckon that it isn't possible.

WeeDarr

Hmmm... Maybe if I could try to get player camera's looking position and check if it's in front of a player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ʞɹod ɹǝpıds || SpiderPork
Hmmm... Maybe if I could try to get player camera's looking position and check if it's in front of a player?
or detect when a player shoots and turns it on for a certain amount of time, and after a few seconds it goes away.

Is this when they are in a plane? or on foot or what?

WeeDarr

In a vehicle, more exact in a plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ʞɹod ɹǝpıds || SpiderPork
In a vehicle, more exact in a plane.
Ah, I was assuming on foot, I dont think its possible for crosshairs in a plane, but who knows, I have seen a lot of stuff that I didnt think was possible released here on the forum.

Not possible, for the reason if you bank round on a plane, it faces a different direction and the camera wont stay exactly bechind the plane. Try it yourself, go ingame and just do a turn with a rustler.

WeeDarr

Damn it, it would be perfect for my upcoming script .

The default cross hair used by SA always stays in the same place on the screen.. so why wouldn't it be possible?

Because you dont get a crosshair whilst in a plane? Also my last point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeDarr
Not possible, for the reason if you bank round on a plane, it faces a different direction and the camera wont stay exactly bechind the plane. Try it yourself, go ingame and just do a turn with a rustler.

WeeDarr
WeeDarr

Change camera by pressing V and then delete your post...

It is possible by e.g. drawing | and then -- over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worxds
It is possible by e.g. drawing | and then -- over it.
It'll show wherever you look at.