0.3DL and magical disappearances.

G'day, folks!

When I was coding my server, I've noticed that SAMP server stock includes are not quite what I was looking for (OnPlayerFinishedDownloading wasn't defined). I assumed I might've forgot to update any of them, so I've updated them accordingly.

After I've done this, NPC's, vehicles and 3d text labels stopped spawning.

As I've noticed, it seems to be a virtual world issue, actually, since I cannot set one's virtual world and it seems as if players were forced into VW 0.

This issue only occurs on Linux VPS server, it's fine when I host it on Windows at my home.

Anyone who had this? Any ideas on how should it be dealt with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeJohn
Посмотреть сообщение
If you're running 0.3.DL and are experiencing virtualworld issues, then make sure you've got this done:

Update your includes to 0.3.DL.
Add “OnPlayerFinishedDownloading” somewhere in your script.
Add in the “models” folder from the 0.3.DL’s package.

And it should be fixed. The issue is basically that you’re making the server download models through the server configuration while not having a models folder or not having “OnPlayerFinishedDownloading” in your script, causing virtualworld/syncing issues.

Edit: I'm just quoting myself from here.
Read this.

I have a models folder there, and I have OnPlayerFinishedDownloading too.
I have also updated .inc files to 0.3DL's ones once more to make sure.

Vehicles started spawning properly, and I've made NPC's spawn in VW 0 for the while being. VW setting for players still doesn't seem to function properly. (it worked for NPC's and vehicles it seems)

Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxandmov
Посмотреть сообщение
I have a models folder there, and I have OnPlayerFinishedDownloading too.
I have also updated .inc files to 0.3DL's ones once more to make sure.

Vehicles started spawning properly, and I've made NPC's spawn in VW 0 for the while being. VW setting for players still doesn't seem to function properly. (it worked for NPC's and vehicles it seems)

Any ideas?
Do you have models within the model folder, as well as the "artconfig" text file that tells the server what models players are suppose to be downloading/have whenever they change virtual worlds?

Artconfig is no longer needed, they're pawn natives now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshncool
Посмотреть сообщение
Artconfig is no longer needed, they're pawn natives now.
How so it is not necessary anymore?