Some types about Security Alert?

I wonder if it's possible to make a Security Alert System to detect if player connect from a different PC. I don't know if it's a good idea to check the IP, cuz it may be dynamic.
I think to make something with MAC Address but i'm not sure I can get that details...

I can also use IP-API.com and check the ISP, Timezone and City.... Maybe i can use also User-Agent? To detect the Windows Configurations?

IDK, IDK. Could u give me some good type that i can use.

Check this out : LINK but know that this id is NOT unique for a player and many players will have the same id.

While it says not to ban solely by the result of the GPCI, if you couple it with a geo-IP result, it can get pretty decent.

It's like the old speed warnings in the godfather script. They get shown to the admins because they are inaccurate. Knowing this, it then puts the check to the admin so they can spec and see if they are indeed speedhacking.

Also in saying about the IP, that can possibly be flawed as well, as Internet Cafes will usually use single IPs, and thus could possible get multiple people incorrectly. (Even though, in also mentioning that, if the Cafe has installed all the PCs with the same 'image' for the PCs install, it's highly likely that all the GPCIs information will be the same.)

Another side of all of this is that GPCI can be spoofed by CLEO mods.

So really, in all of this, is that we need to get someone working on some new techniques.

One crazy option could be to get the user to need to login via the forums/website to 'authenticate' before connecting and playing, but many won't like that and you'll probably find you'd need to have certain times where the requirement isn't needed to get in, so people get hooked, then get them to authenticate.

Similar to CrazyBobs where you don't need to make an account to play, and can do so when you get used to the server and know you want to reside.

So, what exactly return gpci? It's something like a UNIC ID, that is created based on PC specs?? Am i wrong?

the source of gpci is not released and never will be, all you need to know is that its something that players cant change as easy as changing ip and that its not unique and many players can have the same id.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
Посмотреть сообщение
the source of gpci is not released and never will be, all you need to know is that its something that players cant change as easy as changing ip and that its not unique and many players can have the same id.
It can be changed very very easily, a simple Cleo mode can change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
It can be changed very very easily, a simple Cleo mode can change it.
First of all i said:
Quote:

that players cant change as easy as changing ip
And second of all i'm not throwing bullshit, i'm basing words on knowledge and experience I've been running my server for years and the times i saw people changing it wouldn't even surpass 10. I'm not sure what kind of cleo you're referring to but hackers are both stupid and lazy not everyone has it and not everyone is gonna know about it and not everyone is gonna look for it, my point is it is not as common as changing your ip by a vpn.
Also read what the OP said, he said he wanted to know if his players connected from different pcs, in that case using gpci is perfect for it to see if the player has his id changed or the same and even if that player uses a cheat to change it then he gets his treat for it.

There's no way to receive the windows configurations/mac address and compare them between the other which is saved in the database which the first player connect was using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not sure what kind of cleo you're referring to but hackers are both stupid and lazy not everyone has it and not everyone is gonna know about it
Many do.