What for those leaked gamemode?

As many of you would know that almost all the servers got their gamemode leaked(no matter whether its old verison or new) but i want to know that whether using of such gamemodes is illegal or not?
Because i saw many servers using the leaked NGG scripts without much editing.

NOTE: Does it affect whether the gamemode is Leaked (by the author) or from anonymous sources.

Almost all servers got their gamemode leaked? Untrue.
Get in trouble for using NGG? NGG will try to contact your provider so they remove your server.

I am not really targeting NGG, just an example like what happened with limitless.

The author reserves the right to take legal action against those who use leaked code, so refrain from even thinking of using such gamemodes! Remember what happened to the boy who stole Half Life 2?

Nah You're taking it wrong. I am not going to use anyone else's gamemode. I am making a pure unique one.I asked that just to be sure because i saw many using leaked gamemodes, thats why.
and i didnt knew about that half life incident, i just saw it here.Can be a better example for those who do same.

Your luck, But anyways i'd never recommend to use a leaked GM because you never know, There might be a trap to crash, delete all accounts (mysql), restart server again and again so anything could happen.