mapandreas

Hello.
Me and my team creating new map(City or world what ever you want) for our gamemode.how can we use mapandreas for this?

You can't natively. You could extend MapAndreas if you edit the Z Map, but if you have the resources I'd really suggest using ColAndreas. It's not only easier, but it provides way more functions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
View Post
You can't natively. You could extend MapAndreas if you edit the Z Map, but if you have the resources I'd really suggest using ColAndreas. It's not only easier, but it provides way more functions as well.
What do you mean in resources?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson
View Post
What do you mean in resources?
ColAndreas needs quite some memory (noticably more than MapAndreas) for obvious reasons, if you have enough this shouldn't be a problem.

My server for example uses around 800 MB, after running for a bit (also other plugins are loaded, but 600 should be minimum using CA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
View Post
ColAndreas needs quite some memory (noticably more than MapAndreas) for obvious reasons, if you have enough this shouldn't be a problem.

My server for example uses around 800 MB, after running for a bit (also other plugins are loaded, but 600 should be minimum using CA).
I bought dedicated server yesterday.
24 GB ram,
2x 2TB

If I understood correctly (I haven't tried this myself) you can set Z-coords yourself with this:
Quote:

MapAndreas_SetZ_For2DCoord(Float:X, Float:Y, Float:Z);
// Use it to safe SetZ changes to a file (else they arent permanent)

It's taken from this: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=275492

With this being said, you will have to go through the most annoying thing ever - manual work. If ColAndreas provides a better option, which from my understanding it does, I highly recommend going with that, I doubt the RAM usage will be a problem for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson
View Post
I bought dedicated server yesterday.
24 GB ram,
2x 2TB
That is more than enough. If you don't run hundreds of servers, CA will not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansrutger
View Post
If I understood correctly (I haven't tried this myself) you can set Z-coords yourself with this:

It's taken from this: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=275492

With this being said, you will have to go through the most annoying thing ever - manual work. If ColAndreas provides a better option, which from my understanding it does, I highly recommend going with that, I doubt the RAM usage will be a problem for you.
For creating the ZMap for MapAndreas you can also use ColAndreas. Raycast every square meter (or finer and/or calculate a median) and write it to a ZMap you're gonna use on your server.
But well, if you already implemented CA, I don't see a point in changing back to MA.
You can also exclude laterns, signs etc for the whole world and generate a slightly more accurate ZMap than the default one.