Question about enums

Hey there, does an enumerator use memory ?
Or is it really just similar to a define

-Wrong-

No they aren't stored in memory

An enum is just an easy way to create a list of tagged / untagged constants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero_3D
Посмотреть сообщение
No they aren't stored in memory

An enum is just an easy way to create a list of tagged / untagged constants
Actually that's wrong, all variables are stored in ram(Or in some cases in the CPU cache? dunno) , even the code is, how else would you have the speed that you need, obviously not by storing variables on hard drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Bios]Marcel
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually that's wrong, all variables are stored in ram(Or in some cases in the CPU cache? dunno) , even the code is, how else would you have the speed that you need, obviously not by storing variables on hard drive.
They aren't variables. Enumerator = iterator/list of consecutive constants. Enumerators don't store values. You can do pInfo:6, just like 6. But you can't give a tag to that specific index without an enumerator.

So you're the one that's wrong.

but where is it stored if not in the memory? All information has to be stored somewhere not just variables, so explain pls

Or do u mean that they are replaced on compiletime?

Enumerators are the same as macros. Variables with assigned enumerators are the ones storing things.

P.S. Double posting isn't allowed. Use the edit button.

u didn't get my point i think ^^ what i meant was, that not only values are be stored (depending on how u define stored).

no they are just constant values and not variables .They are not saved in the memory

There get replaced from the pre-compiler to constants..for example:

PHP код:
//Before pre-compiler
enum x
{

a,

b
};
new 
test[x];
test[a] = 5;
test[b] = 6;