Whirlpool

Hi, when I load Whirlpool on frag.gs, then my server doesn't start.
ev0lution said that the server gets this error
Code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::thread_resource_error> >'
  what():  boost::thread_resource_error: Resource temporarily unavailable
This guy also had exactly the same problem: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=535905
What's the problem? ev0lution said that frag.gs has memory limit, but Whirlpool is a small plugin and it shouldn't cause any errors. Anyways, anybody knows what's with it?

The same problem happened to me a while back, I think it's due to frag.Thats the only logical solution, since I tried everything but it didn't help so I came to the conclusion that it must be something with frag itself.
Again, try using a better host

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCooper
View Post
The same problem happened to me a while back, I think it's due to frag.Thats the only logical solution, since I tried everything but it didn't help so I came to the conclusion that it must be something with frag itself.
Again, try using a better host
I don't have money for a better host xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLion
View Post
I don't have money for a better host xd
Well poo xD

Do you know any free hosts that allow RP servers?

Quote:
View Post
Do you know any free hosts that allow RP servers?
There were a few but they don't exist now, fusionservers had a good "free trial" server but that was removed too.I guess there aren't.Try using Ultra-H (I know they don't allow RPS but you can change the gamemode to something else and the name too, worked for me lol).

ultra-h

I don't want ultra-h, it's not good. I don't want to change my server's name, keep ultra-h's tag in my server's name, etc.

Quote:
View Post
I don't want ultra-h, it's not good. I don't want to change my server's name, keep ultra-h's tag in my server's name, etc.
Well in that case the only solutions left are, either getting a donor or buying a host.

If you insist that you cannot load whirlpool, nothing stops you from using SHA256_PassHash instead.

The problem is definitely not to related to Whirlpool plugin as it doesn't use threads. What plugins are you using?

ev0lution can probably increase the limit (which I doubt was reached that easily) but there might be a user limit.

I use sscanf, streamer, mysql, Whirlpool and nativechecker.
Is SHA256_PassHash better than Whirlpool though?

Only mysql from the plugins you mentioned uses a separate thread but it's not related to that plugin either.

As long as it is combined with a good length salt, you don't need to worry about it.

No point not having ultra h tag etc if you got no hosted tab that gets you players.

Quote:
View Post
I use sscanf, streamer, mysql, Whirlpool and nativechecker.
Is SHA256_PassHash better than Whirlpool though?
plain unsalted whirlpool hashes can be decrypted, while sa-mp's inbuilt SHA256_PassHash() includes a salt parameter by default. whirlpool can be salted too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
View Post
plain unsalted whirlpool hashes can be decrypted, while sa-mp's inbuilt SHA256_PassHash() includes a salt parameter by default. whirlpool can be salted too..
Hashes can not be decrypted, they are one-way-only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
Hashes can not be decrypted, they are one-way-only.
my bad, got confused with encryption vs hashing