Players entering through objects bug ?

~3 months ago the first player reported me that he can enter through objects. First I suspected that he may be hacking, but he had no reason to say that if he was hacking. Then more and more players started to be able to reproduce that bug and enter through objects. They can't enter through objects everytime, this bug occurs randomly, but when it starts happening it continues until they disconnect and if they enter again they work with normal collisions, but after some time they can randomly enter through them again. They can enter only through SA:MP-added objects (added with the streamer in this case, because I use it at almost every object), and not all objects.

They see the objects, objects aren't invisible for them ! First they were able to go through that SA:MP huge walls I use as walls for the gang bases and I thought that those model IDs are bugged, but then I saw other players able to do that to other objects. You can see that in the video below, one of my players registered it for me:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uzdXHhDpQU[/ame]

Because I saw that big draw distances made problems in the past I have to specify that their DRAW DISTANCE IS BIGGER THAN 300.0, if this has anything to do with it.

Has anyone else been able to reproduce this bug ? Because I tried a few times exactly how they described it and I can't manage to do it.

I've never seen anyone do that.

But I have found that you can use animations to enter objects. For example, there is a walking animation that will walk you through certain objects if you don't have x/y locked. Another example would be using an animation, like a sitting animation, under an object that is in water. You will float through the object.

As you can see, in that video he isn't using any animation. They can enter through objects even with a vehicle (the player who recorded the video above was able with a vehicle too), so this can't be something related to animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
I've never seen anyone do that.

But I have found that you can use animations to enter objects. For example, there is a walking animation that will walk you through certain objects if you don't have x/y locked. Another example would be using an animation, like a sitting animation, under an object that is in water. You will float through the object.
Nope.. i dont think animations can solve this... urrm idk could be something wrong with your object code..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IstuntmanI
Посмотреть сообщение
As you can see, in that video he isn't using any animation. They can enter through objects even with a vehicle (the player who recorded the video above was able with a vehicle too), so this can't be something related to animations.
I didn't say that our bugs were related, and I didn't say that was what was happening in your video...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joron
Посмотреть сообщение
Nope.. i dont think animations can solve this... urrm idk could be something wrong with your object code..
I never said animations could solve anything? How would they solve anything?

I was mentioning a bug very similar that has the same bad effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
I didn't say that our bugs were related, and I didn't say that was what was happening in your video...
Aw, I thought that's what you said, my bad.

It occured right now to my Head Administrator, and he doesn't know how he did it. He is able to enter only through two SA:MP-added object models (that's the main problem on my server, because they are gang bases walls): 18753 (probably 18754 too, but I don't use it at gangs) and 18769. He said that he can't enter through other objects, only those 2. He is playing on server for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes. I still can't enter through them. He can't enter through gates or other objects, only those 2.

I think it has to be specified: YOU CAN ALWAYS SHOOT THROUGH THOSE OBJECTS. Those are the objects which are getting buggy and they loose their collision. The problem may be only with those objects. Maybe there are some flags problems, those objects should be edited.

Some time ago I saw one player who was able to enter through one other model ID, but I didn't saw any other player do it, just him, every other player told me only about those two objects. I don't know why that happened, maybe I don't remember correctly, anyway, that's not important now.

Here's the video made by my Head Administrator:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsP1hCMXQKU[/ame]

Out of hundreds of servers that use these objects you are the only person to ever report this problem.

I made those objects (and the majority of the objects in SAMP). The flags I set for them are as follows:
* 2097152 -> no backface culling
* 4 -> alpha transparency
= 2097156

The flags do not have anything to do with the collision.

As for the draw distance you use being greater than 300: that just means SAMP does the rendering of the object instead of GTASA. The collision is still handled by GTASA.

Please check with the people reporting the problem (that you cannot personally reproduce) and ask them the following:
* Are you using any mods?
* Are you able to reproduce the problem every single time?

If they are not using mods and are able to reproduce the issue then I might look at changing the way the COL works for those models and get them to test a possible fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matite
Посмотреть сообщение
Out of hundreds of servers that use these objects you are the only person to ever report this problem.
Weird. I am using these objects since a few SA:MP versions ago (many many months), but in 0.3.7 was the first time I received this report, and I'm still receiving reports.

Well, this is what my head administrator responded, about his mods:
- A mod for showing numbers with the value of armour/health (nothing to do with this bug).
- "raddarect.asi" - a mod to make the left-bottom radar square (nothing to do with this bug).
- A mod for not falling out of bikes (nothing to do with this bug).
- "radiooff" - a mod to make the radio in-vehicle to be stopped everytime (nothing to do with this bug).

This is what the first member responded: "No, I don't use mods. The problem doesn't happen every time."

I remember that I asked them before about the mods, and some told me about about mods they have nothing to do with it, or that they don't have mods, but I don't remember exactly.
And, about the reproduction, I said that it happens completely random, and they can't reproduce it when they want. It isn't happening right after they join the server, it happens after a random amount of time played, if this happens at all.

By the way, now I looked back at the first video, and I see that he wasn't able to enter through that smaller sky-diving object, but my head administrator was able to enter through that one too.

Also, we shouldn't be able to shoot through those objects. It is a big problem, for me at least.

One more admin reported me the bug:

He uses a deagle mod, a HUD mod and the mod for the textdraws, completely unrelated. At least that's what he says.

It's possible that the objects can be loaded corrupted when the game starts ? xD It can't be a server problem, but a SA:MP one.

I still find it is weird that only people on your server are reporting this issue to you. No one else is posting here (or anywhere) about it.

When I get some time I will post an edited COL file, you can get the people reporting it to test and see if the problem persists.