Material indexes

Any material index above index 15 can not be changed. While some objects have 26 materials. When i say 15, i mean that 15 is working fine (0-15 are working) while anything above that does not.

In the examples below, i made a small loop to retexture all created objects to snow texture (everything from index 0 to 29)

These is the object in map editor, take a look at indexes i selected

des_roadedge1 is texture that is on the side of the road and as you can see its not replaced

And these is another material on the same object

Also i know for a fact that some objects have up to a 27 indexes/materials (and i dont know if that is the highest index)

It's not really a "bug." It was an intended thing, but I don't know why. There are a lot of objects with texture indexes above 16.

We need these just like we need more car color indexes, there are a few vehicles that can be colored on indexes other than the two we currently have access to.

+1.

Yeah, it's not a bug, it's a feature! Anyway, it's an annoyance.

There is always some memory limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey07
Посмотреть сообщение
There is always some memory limitations.
This would obviously have almost no obvious affects on our memory. That's not an excuse.

If you're argument is the old memory leaks, that has been fixed already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
Посмотреть сообщение
fixed

I talk about accessing SA memory and altering it, there was something why they made only 16 indexes.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I talk about accessing SA memory and altering it, there was something why they made only 16 indexes.
That is not the problem for sure. Im someone who just recently found out about DFF structure and im gonna tell you, its freaking simple. One header tells how many materials there are, and right after that goes materials list, and inside every material there are two textures (texture and alpha texture - as 3D modeler you know more than me)

In any case,bug or not, these is annoying and has been pissing me off for quite a while. For example i retextured whole desert with my friend, but there are a few bits still with sand - yep material indexes are above 15.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Lol. No. You make me smile...