SA:MP 0.3.7 - no chatbox?

My chatbox is completely missing in this version of SA:MP 0.3.7. Note that I can actually type things and it would process but I cannot see it as my chatbox is completely, entirely gone whilst playing. I've already attempted to reinstall the game entirely and this same problem still occurs. I'm running on an AMD Radeon HD 8400 graphics card, using Windows 8 operating system. Thanks.

EDIT: Tried 0.3.7 RC7 and the chat box is there. I'm assuming this is a problem for only the official 0.3.7 release.

I thought there was another list showing the function key's actions on the wiki, but I couldn't find it. So, here's this:
Quote:
Key Description

F1 Displays the in-game help menu
T Allows you to chat & enter commands
Shift Selects a character while at the spawn screen
F4 Allows you to reselect a character (on death)
F5 Shows the network data (eg: bandwidth usage)
F6 An alternate of "T" (chat)
F7 Shows/hides the chat window (Pressed twice toggles the HUD removal)
F8 Takes a screenshot
F9 Shows/hides the "death" window
F10 Hides the HUD
G Allows you to enter a car as a passenger
H Allows you to shoot while passenger
Esc Shows/hides your current typing

I've already tried doing that, doesn't work.

Reinstall samp? If didnt help update the graphic driver

I used to get this when I had a mod installed that stopped the game from pausing when I tabbed out. Doesn't happen now. Running an AMD R9 280.

I actually had this problem a few years back in 0.3d if I recall but that was on an entirely different computer. Right now I'm on a new computer with a fresh, new installed game, no mods no nothing. Reinstalled SA:MP a bunch of times already and tried various possible fixes, nothing still. I'm on the latest version for my graphics drivers too.

Quote:

I'm on the latest version for my graphics drivers too.

The drivers wouldn't totally matter if your graphics didn't fully support the program. Some programs don't work with some graphics card regardless the driver.

As a test I would normally install a different OS (or the same I guess) in a different partition and test the game there. You may think of this as a very complicated task and choose not to do it because this is a very minor problem, but I have 3 (all same brand, same model, identical, 1TB, Western Digital) hard drives so it's easy for me... XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
The drivers wouldn't totally matter if your graphics didn't fully support the program. Some programs don't work with some graphics card regardless the driver.

As a test I would normally install a different OS (or the same I guess) in a different partition and test the game there. You may think of this as a very complicated task and choose not to do it because this is a very minor problem, but I have 3 (all same brand, same model, identical, 1TB, Western Digital) hard drives so it's easy for me... XD
Yeah that's too much of a pain for me considering I just have a regular work laptop LOL. I feel as if this is a problem with this new 0.3.7 version and not something like my OS or graphics card or any hardware related problem as I've played SA-MP on 0.3z and the various RC versions as well.

EDIT: Yeah, just tried 0.3.7 RC7 and the chat box is there. I'm assuming this is a problem for only the official 0.3.7 release.

The problem somehow fixed itself when I tried 0.3.7 after seeing that 0.3.7 RC works.

Hi there
I have the same problem with the game. This didnt happen till I updated to 0.3.7, now I cant see the chatbox, map, health, weapons and time as well. I tried re-installing the whole game, pressing f7, updating my graphics card driver and nothing works. Btw im on intel HD graphics on 64xbit windows 7 laptop. If anyone know how to fix this please let me know. It will be much appreciated.