Having an adaption support for GTA United

Greetings SA-MP Community, due to the lack of updates toward the original client of U2-MP, players themselves have most likely left the client. I wanted to suggest that we could bring a supported version for the modification. I am currently developing a server there personally, and the client is still alive. People still do play it from time to time.

I'd like to see this as well, but i doubt it

To my knowledge, SA:MP was never in support nor in any affiliation to GTA united. I may be wrong.

I think it would be possible for the most part but it'd come with a lot of changes -different values, like max vehicles and objects for each part- SA:MP would have to detect which server is GTA United and which one is San Andreas which could result in bugs, also it'd have to detect whether the player has GTA-SA or GTA-U and I'm not sure how far that is possible, since some players may have texture mods, etc. So I dont think it'll happen. Aside from that it's SA:MP, not U:MP, so yeah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by corne
View Post
I think it would be possible for the most part but it'd come with a lot of changes -different values, like max vehicles and objects for each part- SA:MP would have to detect which server is GTA United and which one is San Andreas which could result in bugs, also it'd have to detect whether the player has GTA-SA or GTA-U and I'm not sure how far that is possible, since some players may have texture mods, etc. So I dont think it'll happen. Aside from that it's SA:MP, not U:MP, so yeah..
Not that much changes are needed to the client except that it recognizes that it's GTA United. And even if a player had texture mods or not, most players in SA-MP also have texture mods so there's no difference. U:MP is basically SA-MP just for the GTA United modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
To my knowledge, SA:MP was never in support nor in any affiliation to GTA united. I may be wrong.
Back in 2008, I believe we did have a GTA U:MP section when GTA United 1.1 was around. The client was abandon due to the bugs in GTA United 1.1. But when GTA United 1.2 came around, a russian development team decided to pick it up and update it to 0.3e in 2013. Ever since then, the client hasn't been touched or updated since 2013.

The adaptation maded by other peoples... Why you want mp for united if you can add united cities to samp like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
View Post
The adaptation maded by other peoples... Why you want mp for united if you can add united cities to samp like me?
Adding those two places with all those objects would be a mess including that the HUD would only display water, you'll most likely run into more problems as it is. And I wouldn't recommend mapping it ontop of SA or out in the middle of the ocean. I don't think it's possible adding Vice City and Liberty City.

I think It's too much trouble for some people that play "from time to time".

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
View Post
I think It's too much trouble for some people that play "from time to time".
Some of those people who do play "from time to time" enjoy the client so much. They didn't have to go to so much trouble playing the client at all.

Supported