Server Help

I am trying to make a server. I still dont know how do i make it online without having a Router.
I have seen many post/vid how to make server ..but it doesnt show clearly how to make it online.

Help pls

1. If you dont have router then how you are online in forum? :P (you need internet to be online).
2. If you want to start a server learn all basics about creating a complete unique server then buy a cheap VPS or game server from hosting companies.
3. If you want to test out your server with friends i suggest you get a free game server from "free hosting companies (frag.gs, triange.gs e.t.c)!

If you're hosting from your personal computer at home, you'll need to port forward in order for it to have a connection to the outside world.

I do however recommend you to consider buying a VPS or dedicated server if you're serious about launching a server. It's much faster, more stable and shows your players you are serious about it.

How do i get the model of the Internet Broadband ?

You can get the model of your router/modem by looking on its bottom, there should be a label saying what it is.

i am unabled to find that model here > http://setuprouter.com/router/motorola/

Hello,

In the current state of things on SAMP id recommend AGAINST home hosting. As a host i can personally tell you how many ddos attacks come from SAMP related servers due to small arguments between server owners and to be honest long term sustained DDOS attacks like SSDP can DESTROY hardware including routers and devices at the other end.

Its safer to purchase from a hoster than home host. For other games like css and gmod its not so much of a problem its just the games community current trend. Also id also like to mention that MOST home internet connections like personally im on a 10mb/s upload speed for my home internet and this could hold perhaps 90 people on a server BUT it would lag my network out a bit due to the upload strain of them players due to the ms response between your pc and ISP to the USER. Bot attacks could also cause a problem in this situation.

Sorry to sound all negative but i just thought you should be aware of what home hosting means in the modern gaming era.

Kind Regards

Jack
SimplyFrag.co.uk