Auto Increament (Player ID)

Hey. Well, I'm scripting a Character System, in 'Yini'. I know, MySQL does that stuff better, but I'll give it a try. Okay well, the way I'm gonna let it work is... Make an enumerator for the Master Account(in a folder), and use an ID to link it with the characters, present in 'Accounts' folder.
Well, I can't figure out, first of all, how to get the ID to increase automatically, on every Registeration. Like, it assigns ID 0, to the first person who registered, ID 1 to the second and so on...
Please help.
Sincerely,
JonathanW

Do you already have a registration system? If so, can you post a sample of it?

Well, here it is.
pawn Код:
// Master Account Information
enum pInfo
{
    pID,
    Password,
    Admin,
}
new PlayerInfo[MAX_PLAYERS][pInfo];

// Character Information
enum cInfo
{
    mID,
}
new Character[MAX_CHARACTERS][cInfo];

// Under OnDialogResponse
case DIALOG_REGISTER:
        {
            if (!response) return Kick(playerid);
            if(response)
            {
                if(!strlen(inputtext)) return ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_REGISTER, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT, "Register","You haven't entered anything. Please enter a password to Proceed.","Register","Quit");
                PlayerInfo[playerid][Password] = udb_hash(inputtext);
                SavePlayer(playerid);

}
        }
I'm wondering, how to Link the Master Account with the Character. In MySQL, you simple can do:
mysql_function_query(connectionHandle, "SELECT `username` FROM `playerCharacters` WHERE `masteraccountID` = 1291", true, "loadAccounts", "d", playerid);

My suggestion is make a server-wide account counter. Then just increase it by one every successful registration.

Create the variable
pawn Код:
new
    PlayerAccounts;
Now load that variable every time you initiate the server. I'm not familiar with yini, but in dini, it went something like this:
pawn Код:
stock LoadAccountCounter()
{
    #define ACC_CTR_FILE "accounts.cfg"
    if(!fexist(ACC_CTR_FILE)) return 1;
    new
        File: i_FileHandle = fopen("accounts.cfg", io_read), sz_FileStr[16];
    fread(i_FileHandle, sz_FileStr);
    sscanf(sz_FileStr, "p<,>i", PlayerAccounts); // You can add multiple variables to this, see below
    return fclose(i_FileHandle);
}
Save the variable whenever you feel like it:
pawn Код:
stock SaveAccountCounter()
{
    new
        sz_FileStr[16], File: i_FileHandle = fopen(ACC_CTR_FILE, io_write);
    format(sz_FileStr, sizeof(sz_FileStr), "%d", PlayerAccounts);  // Add multiple variables separated with a comma
    fwrite(i_FileHandle, sz_FileStr);
    #undef ACC_CTR_FILE
    return fclose(i_FileHandle);
}
Now to increase the counter's variable by one every time a user successfully registers:
pawn Код:
case DIALOG_REGISTER:
        {
            if (!response) return Kick(playerid);
            if(response)
            {
                if(!strlen(inputtext)) return ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_REGISTER, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT, "Register","You haven't entered anything. Please enter a password to Proceed.","Register","Quit");
                PlayerInfo[playerid][Password] = udb_hash(inputtext);
                SavePlayer(playerid);
                PlayerAccounts++; // ++ increases the counter

}
        }
It's been awhile since I've touched non-MySQL systems so it might not be the best format. It should work though.

I see your logic. Now, my second confusion...is, How to 'Link' the M.Account to the Character in the characters.
OT: Rep for ya, Dairyll.

Link the mID to pID? Sorry, I just woke up so my brain's not functioning very well right now, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyll
Посмотреть сообщение
Link the mID to pID? Sorry, I just woke up so my brain's not functioning very well right now, haha.
I understand XD.
Anyone else?