PayPal within servers

Do you think this is a good idea? There have been talks in order to make donating easier text boxes can come up where a player can enter their PayPal details and the server can do all the work for them. So they don't need to log in on their browser.

Nope. Paypal is about real money, and I really wouldnt want my paypal account being pushed in some game server database, even if it was a 100% trused server. If youre really talking about giving your full login and password, this would be the best way for the user to get scammed without any way to get the money back, and the best way for the owner to get into real legal trouble if some of the data gets leaked. Afaik this would even violate paypals terms and conditions, eventually getting your account and money locked.

And all that risk just to safe some clicks in the browser?

I wouldn't even use this method until SA-MP could come up with a way to be compatible with secured communication with PayPal or something.

Internet connections can be hijacked without encryption. This is where SSL certificates come into play.

In the given situation you as server owner can VERY easily store the player's login details - a simply printf(); will do. Therefore hardly anyone would accept the risk of the server owner doing this.

As far as I know PayPal doesn't let you do this. dugi and I looked into it when we wanted to make a server that charged players thousands of dollars upon joining.

You could use something like Stripe, but it (and probably all other payment processors) requires PCI compliance, part of which requires secure transmission and storage of card details. That almost certainly can't be guaranteed on SA-MP servers.

But anyway, is it really that important to allow players to pay in game, right then and there? Alt-tab works pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Nope. Paypal is about real money, and I really wouldnt want my paypal account being pushed in some game server database
This is exactly my opinion as well.

I had hard times trusting steam on that one, now sa-mp eh? Nooooope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution$YOLO$
Посмотреть сообщение
But anyway, is it really that important to allow players to pay in game, right then and there? Alt-tab works pretty well.
Exactly.....

Target's database was breached last month in the US. In a much more smaller environment like SA-MP, I would imagine that this would happen quite often, especially in untrusted servers. It's a great idea, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Nope. Paypal is about real money, and I really wouldnt want my paypal account being pushed in some game server database, even if it was a 100% trused server. If youre really talking about giving your full login and password, this would be the best way for the user to get scammed without any way to get the money back, and the best way for the owner to get into real legal trouble if some of the data gets leaked. Afaik this would even violate paypals terms and conditions, eventually getting your account and money locked.

And all that risk just to safe some clicks in the browser?
I agree, rather a few clicks than getting your money stolen.
Plus, I don't think it's actually possible..