[Tutorial] How To Have A Popular Server

Here Is A Tutorial Of Which You Can have A Very Good Server. I Apologize If I Missed Something.

************************************************** ************************************
How To Have A Popular Server?
I have found lots of people asking how can i make my server popular? Well, you can have a popular server but it isn't always 100% Sure that your server will become popular. Today i am gonna tell you how to have a popular Rp server. Hope You Enjoy It!

RP Servers:
Popularity:
There Are A Lot Of Ways You can get your server popular, but you will have to fulfill some conditions.

>= Online:

It is very important to have a server online 24/7 so people can come and leave at there own decisions. You will NEVER, i mean it, NEVER have your server popular if it's online for 5-10 hours per day. You will need to host it (Best option) to have some means of getting players into your community. It is also important not a to have very high ping. It can cause very high lag. It will be detailed after some points.

>= High Ping Problems:
People will always leave a server if they found out there ping very high. High pings can cause server lag which gets annoying for a person. Everyone wants to join a server with lesser than 300 ping. High ping is caused by host or by you script. The script will be explained later. It is always important to have a good host like www.volt-host.com or any other. Hosts can also increase your server ping. Many hosts are very bad and i shall say, in my opinions, that getting a free host causes A LOT OF ping problems. So it's always to remember that be careful before deciding for a host.

>= Ping Problem 2 (scripts):

Well, not just your host can cause lag, but your script may also cause lot of lags if they are very buggy. Buggy scripts takes lots of time to execute a Command which can become laggy for the server. It's good to have your script always up to date with latest includes and plugins. It's good to use latest processers such as ZCMD (command Processer) etc. You may find them out in my next tutorial. So always be careful, hire a better scripter, Make sure there is no bugs/errors/warnings in ur script, and you are using a good host.

>= Popularity:
Many servers get there popularity by ping, script etc as i have already explained them^^. and a point, servers will not get extra popularity if they have forums like IPB. That's just show-off. Some people don't care bout this like me . Why spend 200-300$ Just For A Simple Forums when you can get it for free from www.freeforums.org or www.createaforums.com etc. That's just a big waste of money. Servers get there popularity from the scripts they are using. You must have a unique script and nowhere seen script for ur server to get popular. People love scripts from scratch. And yes, RP servers are nowadays bring for people. People LOVES Freeroam or Cops-Robbers or DM etc servers. They also love RP servers if they find your server script unique! Unique script is a succes to a popular server.

Well, i can't tell you any more for now! Hope you like this TUT. if i mised any point reply it below and i will add it. I too suck at servers explaination but i shared my little opinion with you. Hope you like it

************************************************** **********************************

There is no tutorial for a popular server.. It depends on the script and if you run it properly..

Just a tip.. Make it less colourful..

Not much helpful. I thought you'd talk about SEO optimization and ways of advertisements. Free forums results in not being able to take any advantage from SEO and new players should be the main goal. Old players already have their favourite servers. You talk about minimal goals for opening a server. None of which will actually bring real players to it. Also, if your english is bad, aknowledge it and ask for a review. Focus on adding these points I mentioned to this tutorial and take this as constructive criticism.

It depends on luck, such servers are like xSF, UIF, NEF and others.

Quote:

Hosts can also increase your server ping. Many hosts are very bad and i shall say, in my opinions, that getting a free host causes A LOT OF ping problems.

High pings are either caused by your internet speed or where the server is hosted.

Can I marry this thread? I know it's got a very big heart, even though the colors used are ugly as shit. <3

No need of a tutorial for something such as this that only requires common sense. If the script is not fun, players won't bother to join it again, even if it gives 10 ping.

Mai server g0t rlly famouzz bai dis meth0d thx man!

wat. If this was true all crappy servers would be popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahaAsif12
Посмотреть сообщение

Why spend 200-300$ Just For A Simple Forums when you can get it for free from www.freeforums.org or www.createaforums.com etc. That's just a big waste of money.
Freeforums! What a joke. At least get some proper hosting. Shouldn't cost you more than a few euros/dollars a month and gives you total control. If you're not able to install a forum by yourself, then stop what you're doing and go play on another server instead of trying to create one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeXian99
Посмотреть сообщение
It depends on luck, such servers are like xSF, UIF, NEF and others.
You forgot SAF, we get 80-100 players daily.