[Question] SA-MP Server Custom objects

Hey everyone, I have been doing some research on ****** and ******* concerning matters of Custom objects in my server. My brother is a wiz with 3d modeling, and building. I have given him many links to places like ConvertFFS and Map Converter here on the forums.

My question is, once the model is made with something, how do I add it? He uses Sketch PRO by ******. It can Export the files. So what now? If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I ALWAYS give +Rep to those who earn it!

-
0Z3ro0

just use GTA SA IMG tool

open gta3.img
and replace the object which u edited.

for example - u opened admiral.dff and edited it.
so replace your edited admiral.dff with the real gta3.img file

i hope u understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankingston
View Post
just use GTA SA IMG tool

open gta3.img

i hope u understand
What is GTA Image tool and where do I get it? ******? Also can you please give more detail on the process in how it is done?

there's a tutorial in tutorial section about that. search it

here : http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f552-img-tool-2-0

u can find it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankingston
View Post
just use GTA SA IMG tool

open gta3.img

i hope u understand
It is not that easy since you're not working with vehicle mods here. You also have to deal with the collision file.
There is a really easy step by step tutorial on *******, but it is based on 3dsMax. Search is, I'm on mobile and can't post links.

However, if you want to use this with others they'll have to download the .img file and/or .dff files... Just keep that in mind, it's impossible to add and/or modify objects for others without them downloading anything.

yes, they are also ryt, but yet u can use IMG tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoTorres
View Post
However, if you want to use this with others they'll have to download the .img file and/or .dff files... Just keep that in mind, it's impossible to add and/or modify objects for others without them downloading anything.
Is there a way for the server to auto download them to their client? Kinda like a game does when you connect to their server after an update. It auto downloads and installs the files and then you can click play.

Is there a way to add that effect towards SAMP? Also once the players have the files will they be there for every server they play on now? Giving them the ability to glitch out because they see and use different objects? Also this is the tutorial my brother is using;

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=286609

Is that a good one or should I have him move on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Z3ro0
View Post
Is there a way for the server to auto download them to their client? Kinda like a game does when you connect to their server after an update. It auto downloads and installs the files and then you can click play.

Is there a way to add that effect towards SAMP? Also once the players have the files will they be there for every server they play on now? Giving them the ability to glitch out because they see and use different objects? Also this is the tutorial my brother is using;

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=286609

Is that a good one or should I have him move on?
I know that function exist in another multiplayer modification of GTA SA, I'm not giving away the name of it. However, I've never seen it in SA-MP. I am pretty sure they'll have to download manually. Easiest for you would be to provide an installer which will make a copy of, modify and then if they want, unmod their game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoTorres
View Post
I know that function exist in another multiplayer modification of GTA SA, I'm not giving away the name of it. However, I've never seen it in SA-MP. I am pretty sure they'll have to download manually. Easiest for you would be to provide an installer which will make a copy of, modify and then if they want, unmod their game.
What GTA Garage? Idk why that is so secret or are SAMP scared to lose business to them so they have banned talking about their name? I love your idea of an installer. I planned on making a website for my server so it would not be hard to promote the installer. Thank you for this idea it is what I will do! Seriously though, PM what that other mod is if your not allowed to say it in the open, even though this is a free country where I am...

I found this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4u9LitwSfI

Thank you all, I have submitted several links to my brother and he is looking over them. I believe we have enough bits and pieces to learn what we need to learn. This would not have been possible without the help of all you. So once more thank you for your time and knowledge. I will be +Reping all those who have earned it!

-
0Z3ro0

Presuming you get players, the problem you will have is many of them wont bother to download that, or be aware of it. They will join your server and not see what others do and perhaps even go away and not come back due to the weirdness they saw happening there (depends what objects you are trying to add and how you use them of course).

You also may end up getting players into trouble on other servers if they DO install your mod then go elsewhere. Again dependent on what you intend to add and change.

There are hundreds of thousands of objects in SA already, plus dozens of custom SA-MP ones. There really isn't much you cant make by using/combining those