Help - Server Owners

Basically, I'm asking every owner who started a server how they got it popular.
I've tried Server Advertising, But most of the times I get caught. Also, I've put up a website, Got the server hosted. Anything I can do to get my server out there? Any suggestions? I know there's a Server Advertising thread here, But Sadly I don't have 5 Reputation.

It's 15 reputations not 5.
Try on ******** sa-mp ad,groups
Make sure your website is with domain
And your host is good
Peoples wont join some if they see example: 20 slots and free website forum.
Coz they won't join server in what is not spended some money usualy that servers can't succes
Check sa-mp ad forums on internet use www.******.com
Make video of your server stuffs open Official ******* channel and upload some videos + share them on ********/*******

I think thats good for start...

Your weburl is "Coming Soon", fix that first! You also have a kinda crappy name, seen that a few times already

Roleplay? Unique plays an important role here. Every server i was a part of, i see the same things over and over again. If you bring unique ideas to the deck, maybe you can lure in some players. Just a friendly suggestion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spliffy
Посмотреть сообщение
- Make Videos.
Edit: Making a sexay server intro, is another way to get players.

first of all you need regular players base.

- Gather up your friends.
- Get Teamspeak + Website with a domain.
- Good Protection.
- Good Staff team.
- Make Videos.
- Post screenshots of the server.

Stuff like that.

- Good script, throw in alot of features, keep players busy with things. (Top priority)
- Good admin team
- Add things like stats, achievements etc.. to increase the longevity of your server
- Good anti-cheat and protection against exploits/attacks - Get a good gamehost/VPS/Dedi which offers a decent amount of protection, also patch any exploits as soon as you notice them.
- Presentable forum and website

Patience is virtue, keep improving upon your script and you'll slowly see players come in.

Neither am I running a server nor I have in the past, but I couldn't help notice this - ''Most of the times, I get caught.'' Caught? You're doing it wrong, spreading crappy publicity about your server! If you want players to recognise you like ''Oh that retard who was spamming the forums?'', go ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
Посмотреть сообщение
Neither am I running a server nor I have in the past, but I couldn't help notice this - ''Most of the times, I get caught.'' Caught? You're doing it wrong, spreading crappy publicity about your server! If you want players to recognise you like ''Oh that retard who was spamming the forums?'', go ahead!
Advertising on other servers is what I gathered from that.

If that's true, your server will get attacked then you won't get any players.

I have experience in owning a server, just wait and let players join, spread the word. It's not an over-night thing where you wake up and your server has 50 players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Niko***
Посмотреть сообщение
It's 15 reputations not 5.
Try on ******** sa-mp ad,groups
Make sure your website is with domain
And your host is good
Peoples wont join some if they see example: 20 slots and free website forum.
Coz they won't join server in what is not spended some money usualy that servers can't succes
Check sa-mp ad forums on internet use www.******.com
Make video of your server stuffs open Official ******* channel and upload some videos + share them on ********/*******

I think thats good for start...
I think Niko's Post is a amazing way worked for me on my other account

+1