Why does my IP keep changing?

My IP changes all the time with no warning and i don't restart my router or anything. Is there a way i can't fix it to one IP address that doesn't change?.

How does it changes?and how do you know that it changed does your internet goes off and on while this happens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha$H_Sexyboy
Посмотреть сообщение
How does it changes?and how do you know that it changed does your internet goes off and on while this happens?
I goto sleep then i wake up and check the server and no one joined ever. So i know something happened i open cmd and type ipconfig/all and i check the IPV4 address and it's different. The external address changed once too. But the internet doesn't go on and off it just changes.

I don't know a lot about IP addresses and stuff, but it might be because your IP address is "dynamic". There's a tool available on PortForward.com to turn your IP address static. That's what I've been using and it seems to work fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace.
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know a lot about IP addresses and stuff, but it might be because your IP address is "dynamic". There's a tool available on PortForward.com to turn your IP address static. That's what I've been using and it seems to work fine for me.
Could you tell me the name of the tool please?.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
NVM i found it thanks. I'll +rep you.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Home network and the world wide web are different.
This will only allow you to use a static IP in your network. This won't effect the external IP of your home network at all (router). You have to contact your provider (those who give you the IP you can use in the internet) to use a static IP for your network (external).

I recommend installing no ip, which will give you an ip that will auto update if yours changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
I recommend installing no ip, which will give you an ip that will auto update if yours changes.
What is this no ip? a program?

http://www.noip.com/downloads.php?page=mac