How does hosting a server work?

I'm starting my own server but I want to get one of those hosting programs or websites to host it for me Will somebody tell me how does that process work? If they're hosting and i want to update something for my server, how will go about that, etc? Thank you

I do not understand your question exactly, but if you're looking for a hosting company to host your server upon, I would suggest www.seasonal-hosting.com they offer cheap prices; 13 cents per slot for sa-mp servers and 16 dollars per month for hosted tab listings. If you want to update something in your server, you can just compile it in your pawno and upload it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Racoon
Посмотреть сообщение
I do not understand your question exactly, but if you're looking for a hosting company to host your server upon, I would suggest www.seasonal-hosting.com they offer cheap prices; 13 cents per slot for sa-mp servers and 16 dollars per month for hosted tab listings. If you want to update something in your server, you can just compile it in your pawno and upload it in.
I think he means how to upload...

yea like somebody hosting my server, and i update my gamemode or filterscript, how do i upload it to whoever is hosting my server. since i'm starting this server, i might constantly update it a lot just to make sure commands work, etc. Sorry if my question sounds a little vague

You have FTP Access where are the most files for your server are stored. You just use programs like FileZilla , Total Commander or any other FTP program, connect to the server and upload the files which you want to install/update.

In this case you connect to the FTP Server the same as you would create website.

I think FTP server will be the better for any site ,if you do not try forum hosting for installing any server

Here's a step by step to get you started;

1) Buy a game hosting from any company, I'd suggest the ones listed here; https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=189169
2) Once they emailed you the CPanel login details, login the CPanel.
3) There should be an FTP login details emailed to you, or try poking in the CPanel for it.
4) ****** FileZilla, install it and login using the FTP login details provided.
5) Transfer your Game Mode to the host's FTP thing, wait for the process to complete.
6) There should be an option in the CPanel which allows you to edit your server.cfg file, edit it.
7) If your given port by the host company is ex; 7777 edit the port in server.cfg to 7777, and if the host is linux, change the plugins to .so

And you're all set, try launching the server and see if it works, if anytime you'd like to edit your pawno, edit it normally on your computer and transfer the newly edited to your host's FTP.