Hosted List

I have been thinking about this for a while and it's been itching to come out so finally I'm going to speak my mind on this and how in all sense of the word "lame" the hosted list has become.

My three main points.

1) http://game-mp.com/ - Create account button has been closed for years.
2) Hosting companies selling overpriced servers.
3) SAMP is supposed to be a free community it's absolutely disgusting the profit mongering that happens with companies such as Colorhost and Volthost that basically have the hosted list hijacked.

I think we deserve a better community than this it's supposed to be a free community if I'm not mistaken and in my opinion the current situation with the hosted list defiles what the SAMP community is built on by allowing commercialization of free software.

Everyone should have a fair chance at the hosted list without the need of 3rd party individuals profiteering from forced hosting.

If we created account , what we can do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus
View Post
I have been thinking about this for a while and it's been itching to come out so finally I'm going to speak my mind on this and how in all sense of the word "lame" the hosted list has become.

My three main points.

1) http://game-mp.com/ - Create account button has been closed for years.
2) Hosting companies selling overpriced servers.
3) SAMP is supposed to be a free community it's absolutely disgusting the profit mongering that happens with companies such as Colorhost and Volthost that basically have the hosted list hijacked.

I think we deserve a better community than this it's supposed to be a free community if I'm not mistaken and in my opinion the current situation with the hosted list defiles what the SAMP community is built on by allowing commercialization of free software.

Everyone should have a fair chance at the hosted list without the need of 3rd party individuals profiteering from forced hosting.
You really think that opening the account creation feature again is going to do more good than harm? What happens when another 200 servers get added to the hosted list as a result, and then the hosted list becomes even more redundant?

People really need to learn to think things through before they make a big thread crying about them.

SA-MP is not "supposed to be a free community", it's supposed to be free to PLAY - and it is.

If a server OWNER is lucky enough to have someone who can pay for everything for them, then good for them. The majority of server owners have to pay for their servers and that's their CHOICE and is also nothing to do with SA-MP whatsoever.

SA-MP server owners have the CHOICE of whether to pay for the hosted tab or not. If you don't want to pay for it, then don't. It's simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
View Post
You really think that opening the account creation feature again is going to do more good than harm? What happens when another 200 servers get added to the hosted list as a result, and then the hosted list becomes even more redundant?

There is no doubt enough people that come and go it wouldn't be any trouble to have a waiting list besides it's not like the hosted list still isn't expanding already.

People really need to learn to think things through before they make a big thread crying about them.

SA-MP is not "supposed to be a free community", it's supposed to be free to PLAY - and it is.

If a server OWNER is lucky enough to have someone who can pay for everything for them, then good for them. The majority of server owners have to pay for their servers and that's their CHOICE and is also nothing to do with SA-MP whatsoever.

SA-MP server owners have the CHOICE of whether to pay for the hosted tab or not. If you don't want to pay for it, then don't. It's simple.
I've thought this through for a long time I'm giving my view on what I see happening at least I speak my mind.

Myself and I'm certain most others don't want to pay a 3'rd party company for their HOSTING just to get on the hosted list.

It's not a question of wanting to pay for it or not but who the money goes to.

Volt-Host it is only overpriced and i think that there must be a rule from game-mp that hosting companies can not put high prices for resale Hosting tab. I have an account in game-mp and the real price is 9 euros, so i think that Colorhost do not have any earnings from that because their price is 12.35 dollars, it is about 9 euros, but price in Volt-Host is 25 dollars, it is twice as much more than the real price, they simply take advantage of the opportunity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3_P4dr1n0
View Post
Volt-Host it is only overpriced and i think that there must be a rule from game-mp that hosting companies can not put high prices for resale Hosting tab. I have an account in game-mp and the real price is 9 euros, so i think that Colorhost do not have any earnings from that because their price is 12.35 dollars, it is about 9 euros, but price in Volt-Host is 25 dollars, it is twice as much more than the real price, they simply take advantage of the opportunity...
That's how business works my fella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus
View Post
I've thought this through for a long time I'm giving my view on what I see happening at least I speak my mind.

Myself and I'm certain most others don't want to pay a 3'rd party company for their HOSTING just to get on the hosted list.

It's not a question of wanting to pay for it or not but who the money goes to.
Thats why you should go with one that is trusted. Colorhost is pretty good on pricing if you think about it.

Quite frankly, the whole "hosted list" idea has been a bunch of shit from the beginning. I've never bought into it and don't really ever plan to; it's no longer the key to success.

Although, I do wish that one day they can smarten up the hosted tab so if a server has less than a 10 player average for 2 months their listing is removed.

For those saying the hosted list doesn't do anything, it does increase exposure to your server, if your script is good the players will stay, and I'm speaking from experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot
View Post
That's how business works my fella.
Unfortunately yes, but all would be fine if that "business" give peoples what they pay for. There are no hosting company who give full services, they just take money but they do not give you what they promised for that money. That is dirty business, earnings on kids and people who have no experience with it, especially if there are very high prices. Example you pay to have hosted server 24/7 online because you see in their web site/page that they say that they are professional and many other things that promise, but you did not have that server 24/7 online because there are always some stupid reason for downtimes, issues and the only way that they can help you is to say "We apologize", and that is simply not the responsibility and professionalism because they did not care about you and your server, just about your money.