parkour?

What is the best place to start parkour
a gym with mattresses or in the street?

Or finding a group of people who already practice it and get into their group and follow them?

It depends on where you live (US, UK or other)

Obviously Gym with matresses because in the first attempt you might fail and fall
so if you fall on matresses Nothing will happen to you
and if you fall on street you might get hurt

Last one. I myself used to teach myself by researching, I also come from an athletic sports background so I kind of had a head start. I don't recommend you go do everything by yourself as that could be dangerous. Either start training in a gym, get a few friends to join you or probably best, find a group that you can go with.

Thanks.

I will try to start by jumping from a box to another so i can know how much i can jump etc.
I think doing so. increasing more and more distance and the height of jumps can I realize how much I can jump.

and slowly with time I will learn.

one thing that I have to learn are the landings, such as putting legs etc.

The human body is designed to hunt and escape

i have to do a lot of practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumbo
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks.
he typed all that and all you have to say is "thanks"?

Im still reading what he typed

What ****** said is very much true, that being said I still want to emphasize the importance of having someone with you. If you do get injured it's always better to have someone with you who can help, also I found it helps with motivation and go beyond your limits (read, a jump you haven't done before or thought would be hard). Like ****** said repetition is very important to the success of your jumps but doing new jumps, obviously with care gives a real kick.

I started with freerunning during highschool with friends. As I grew older I realised my style and mentality was far more suited with parkour. I didn't like doing ridiclous jumps that served no purpose, or run over high buildings just for the thrill. I grew towards parkour and definitely have no regrets, it's far closer to sports I used to do. Adding to that it's important you also do excercises to train muscle, just doing jumps will probably cause sore muscles if not worse, its important you do a proper warming up and train to gain strength. Pulling up seems easier than it is, also practice fall breaking in a controlled enviorment (ie, on a grass field, don't start with concrete).

Unfortunately lately I kind of grew out parkour due to circumstances (busy with other stuff, etcetera) but I still exercise a lot to make sure I stay fit. I can't just sit around doing nothing for sport. I really hope I'll find time to get back into it, it's a lot of fun and thrilling when you get something right.