[Question] 2 routers in 1 house

Hey guys,

I have a little question.. Is it possible to have two routers in your house or more (what you want) ?

Thanks

Yes It is technically possible to utilize two routers on the same home network.

Ah thank you man +rep

better just use some hub or something. imo easier to configure..

Explanation:

Router 1 Port 1: - Modem to Port 1 Ethernet Socket
Router 1 Port 2 - 4 - Outputs to PC.

Plug Router 1 Port 2 Ethernet into Router 2 Port 1 and it will work!

thanks for the tips y'all !

The question is why would you want 2 routers in one house? especially if the OP is not too technically inclined DHCP may mess things up coming from 2 different routers. If you just need more pc's on your network buy a switch (Not a hub, make sure its a switch) connect 1 port on the switch to the router and bam, more ports to play with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingperfect
Посмотреть сообщение
The question is why would you want 2 routers in one house? especially if the OP is not too technically inclined DHCP may mess things up coming from 2 different routers. If you just need more pc's on your network buy a switch (Not a hub, make sure its a switch) connect 1 port on the switch to the router and bam, more ports to play with
Wireless coverage. I'm rocking dual routers for that issue, and because I want separate IP spaces on the same network.

As long as one is set up as a DHCP forwarder and the other a DHCP server, he'll be fine. It would be best to assign a static IP to both the server and the forwarder however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingperfect
Посмотреть сообщение
May have a large house?

I actually need another hub/router .. Since my WiFi doesn't reach if I enter the second part of my house (It's called an annex). I only go in the annex if I'm having a party, the WiFi doesn't reach into their, but who needs wifi when you have shots?

managed wireless is the way to go grab a few Intelligent Access Points from aruba and have them auto configure themselves wherever you put them in your house from 1 master IAP

Aruba equipment is nice. Just don't have any laying about in a corner somewhere :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Посмотреть сообщение
Aruba equipment is nice. Just don't have any laying about in a corner somewhere :P
Hahahhahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzy
Посмотреть сообщение
(It's called an annex). I only go in the annex if I'm having a party
Is your last name Frank?

And do those parties include German soldiers?

Yes, I have two routers in my house, one router is for my family and for me to, but the second router is for myself.. For my server a etc..