[FilterScript] Rcon Defender - Protect your rcon password

What Cheaters do?
- They check each character attempts to discover the password each time they are wrong until they get the full and correct password

What system do?
- Each time the player tries to connect and fails, the password changes to a random password

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/f9LMdrg5

Enjoy it!

Sounds cool.

Bub, are you kidding me, or you copy-pasted this? The script looks like its from InfinityDM, and it uses dini, and you never told anything, basically the includes needed, etc., also learn to indent codes.

Good job, if it is your script (in which I doubt)

Uhh, have you even tested the code you just posted here?

- RDOn is never created.
- RD is never used.
- dini_Int takes two string parameters, the filename and the key name. I do not know why in the hell you've used Dini for this anyways.
- This adds a struggle for admins to get the RCON password, it's better that you have a strong password (32+ characters, randomly generating A-Z a-z, 0-9, special characters included) and just let them sit there for 20 years trying to get your password.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzines4SAMP
View Post
Bub, are you kidding me, or you copy-pasted this? The script looks like its from InfinityDM, and it uses dini, and you never told anything, basically the includes needed, etc., also learn to indent codes.

Good job, if it is your script (in which I doubt)
InfinityDM is my mod

Well, why is there even dini in the code? Btw, this is a snippet, correct me if I'm wrong. You didn't even use #define FILTERSCRIPT on top of the includes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsalmon
View Post
InfinityDM is my mod
if you did made it am sure this thread will have alot more info then that.

Not enough info and so many mistakes in it and that highly doubts that this is yours.

I am working on something similar but more complex. My rcon will change once every 15 seconds, or after every loggin attempt (either successful or not). The passwords will be missing words from phrases and only I will be able to figure them out ( and there will be a sh!t load of passwords ).

Don't know what you guys think, but I can't figure a better protection than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
View Post
I am working on something similar but more complex. My rcon will change once every 15 seconds, or after every loggin attempt (either successful or not). The passwords will be missing words from phrases and only I will be able to figure them out ( and there will be a sh!t load of passwords ).

Don't know what you guys think, but I can't figure a better protection than this.
I can think that you're just... It's not simple to get your rcon password to work with things like the remote rcon mechanism if it's changing every 15 seconds, or even every bad login attempt.

Your best bet for protection is to set a long non-human readable RCON password, and (range) ban whoever tries to use bruteforce on your password, but let's face it they can sit there for years and they will never get a your password if it's good and secure.