mysql help

Im no expert in mysql, so ill ask here and maybe some of you guys know what to do
I have code in OnGameModeInit to create tables in the database if they dont exist.

pawn Код:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS ....
I also want to insert 10 rows of information to, its actually just 1 field of information that is important to be created, the ID field.

I tried a x10 loop with:
pawn Код:
INSERT INTO .....
What i didnt think about is that it will create 10 new rows every time OnGameModeInit is called.

So the question is, how do i make it detect if the 10 rows are already in the DB?

Erm.. why not just delete the code ? Or store it somewhere and when you need to insert it in DB just paste it in phpmyadmin or whatever you have.. ?O.o

It depends on what sort of information you're storing in your table, I guess, but the only way to approach this issue of yours is using a SELECT query.

You can, for instance, select the number of rows in the table.
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM table
Then the first and only value returned by the query is the amount of rows. Retrieve this (either using the regular mysql_* functions or maybe the cache feature, check my signature for that) value and see if it is 10. If no, insert the rows.

AndreT, you are awesome! Thank you so much!

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AndreT again.