converting string to int

Hello, im PHP programmer since 3 years now, i'm studying little pawn to create an gamemode, pawn is easy, but i am trying to get a result from mysql, and i get it. The table is an int, and its value ist 3000,, i get the value as string, i need to convert it to int for using the value in the function givePlayerMoney(), i use strval() but it returns me "3" only :S i dont understand why.

Show us how you fetch the value. If the string contains '3000' and you use strval(string) it will return the integer 3000.

The table has the value 3000 an int, i get it as string "3000" and i convert it to int and then it returns me 3 only. I am studying right now and can't show you the code, but later arriving at home i show you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redigaffix
Посмотреть сообщение
The table has the value 3000 an int, i get it as string "3000" and i convert it to int and then it returns me 3 only. I am studying right now and can't show you the code, but later arriving at home i show you.
If you are 100% sure it's returning '3000' as a string you're probably using strval() incorrectly. Also, make sure the block size for your string is big enough, if you define a string with size 1 it cannot hold more than 1 character.

Example:
pawn Код:
// Good
new string[9]; // Highest number = 999999999

// Bad
new string[1]; // Highest number = 9

But suposing this is right, it's an int that i want to save in a var, also int is:

new money;

That shoulde be done, or am i right? cause i think money can hold this for example:

money = 6000;

without problems, but why when i convert the string to an int? i dont know why it would't work.

Debug it.

I think Sinner theory is right, cause i get the SQL string into a string var, this string must be same size or bigger, later i gonna try it Sinner, i think it's that, later i tell you.

Problem solved, thanks all!