Disable Cleo Petition

I've asked in 0.3c, 0.3d and 0.3e to disable cleo but it just doesn't seem to help... My other go is with a petition that can hopefully convince Kalcor for 0.3f(uck cleo).

Reasons why you should join:
  • Most servers that you have played are struggling with these people.
  • To patch most of them it requires a lot of resource (especially my VehicleSync.inc).
  • These people interrupt your events you set for your players.
  • It lags everyone once someone has car spawned.
  • CLEO is just useless and should be an option to the server.cfg for server owners.
  • New hacking cleos are being submitted nearly every week...
  • I will love you.
Kalcor, you are great but this must be patched as it does have an impact on communities. I and others would extremely appreciate if you patched it.

Please advertise this petition on your server's website and/or community. Please spread this out. Include it in your signature to show Kalcor how desperate we are to stop this. Thank you.

Some guy mentioned on some hacking forum that you could patch it by checking if the cleo library is active. Anyway.

Blah blah blah, if you really want to enable some cleos then make a cleo folder in the sa-mp directory that we can enable lol. ELM is ridiculous and annoying.

Thanks. Please do not delete this topic SA-MP moderators.

I really agree to this aswell, but CLEO aren't just used for hack wise, it can be used for fixing gameplay, but anyway, I support in this petition as it does get annoying on alot of RP Servers, having to put up with this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer101
Посмотреть сообщение
but CLEO aren't just used for hack wise,
This. I have a sun flare Cleo script installed, which is gorgeos to look at. But it is dangerous? Not really sure. It's just a script that activates sun flares in SA-MP, which are normally disabled for some reason. (They are available in Singleplayer.)

Besides that, I use SnowFX Cleo script in the winter, which adds really awesome winter effects. But again, this is not dangerous to the server? It's more a disadvantage to me, because when frost appears on my screen, I can't see as much as other people can.

I can understand that hacks like that are quite annoying, but not all Cleo scripts are bad. Besides that, I actually doubt that Kalcor would add something like this. It seems he likes to go his own path. In the past years, I haven't really seen any suggestions that have been implemented into SA-MP. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basssiiie
Посмотреть сообщение
This. I have a sun flare Cleo script installed, which is gorgeos to look at. But it is dangerous? Not really sure. It's just a script that activates sun flares in SA-MP, which are normally disabled for some reason. (They are available in Singleplayer.)

Besides that, I use SnowFX Cleo script in the winter, which adds really awesome winter effects. But again, this is not dangerous to the server? It's more a disadvantage to me, because when frost appears on my screen, I can't see as much as other people can.

I can understand that hacks like that are quite annoying, but not all Cleo scripts are bad. Besides that, I actually doubt that Kalcor would add something like this. It seems he likes to go his own path. In the past years, I haven't really seen any suggestions that have been implemented into SA-MP. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
Посмотреть сообщение
Blah blah blah, if you really want to enable some cleos then make a cleo folder in the sa-mp directory that we can enable lol. ELM is ridiculous and annoying.
What Kalcor could do is simply create a folder in the server's directory called CLEO and there we can drag our .cs scripts OR he can simply create a cleo.cfg file which will contain the file names of the cleos that are allowed like:

cleo.cfg (EXAMPLE)

Код:
SnowFX.cs
HydraFlare.cs
SniperAim.cs
CLEO is for singleplayer AFAIK. So why not just use your cleo on SP instead of MP?

EDIT: THE SECOND OPTION FOR THE PATCHING IS FLAWED, SO DO NOT CONSIDER THAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basssiiie
Посмотреть сообщение

What? you obviously don't own a server I guess. You like players respawning vehicles like mad and messing around your server, crashing it or even it's players?

I do agree with this only if Kalcor makes it as an option for server owners.

Kalcor is a smart person, he'll find a way if he tries.

We already have Lorenc_'s FuckCleo.inc for the combat against CLEO mods for 0.3e. Though it would be nice enough.

I agree, this SHOULD be patched in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMapper
Посмотреть сообщение
We already have Emmet_'s FuckCleo.inc for the combat against CLEO mods for 0.3e. Though it would be nice enough.
Lol derp, I made that include.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR12
Посмотреть сообщение
Kalcor won't change his mind if there were only 84 supporters, it should be more like 100+ because SA-MP has a large more database of players and besides the forum also have many people so 84 won't convince Kalcor. Another thing is, I think 0.3f is about to be released. I heard that people are doing the Beta testing and stuff like that. Maybe Kalcor might but maybe at 0.3g or 0.4? Who's to know?
Advertise it on your community like I have.