Adding a extra interial Harddrive

I have a question, On my Laptop i've got space for one extra hard drive. I have a extra HDD that having Win7 installed on and when I add it into my computer and boot's up with my standard hdd and tries to Formate etc the other hdd it automaticly "un connects"(or what to say) from my computer.. It's just connected for like one minutes so the Formating cant' complete. Does anyone know what the problem is? Can the HDD be broken or something?

try to connect it on another PC?

Yes same problem :/ like I said also I cAN see all the files and so on on the hdd for one minute and then it dissapears :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by goviscrap
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes same problem :/ like I said also I cAN see all the files and so on on the hdd for one minute and then it dissapears :/
Try switching the SATA cables if your HDD uses the SATA setup.

It could also be that your laptop / desktop doesn't have enough power from the PSU to give to your HDD.

(Worst case scenario) - Could be that your motherboard's SATA controller (the place where you plug your HDD wires in) is faulty / gone. If your MOBO is out of warranty, It means you'll have to replace it.

The above fault is rare in your case, since from what I understood you already have another HDD running.

Reply back if you still need help.

- Why not just take it to a computer store? they'll examine it and help you out better than I can over a forum.

I dont know how to explain good :P My computer is one year old and I have never plugged in a extra HDD into the empty space before, so I dont think its problem with the connection :/ "PSU"? ..

I'll try to explain the whole case again

My laptop is having a extra space where I can connect another Hard drive to it. So I can run my computer with two harddrives . Standard my computer uses 1 harddrive but now I took out a hard drive from another computer ive got here at home.. So I connected it into the empy space and booted my computer up with the standard.. when I go into "my computer" to see my disks. I can see the new one there to...
And if I open it I can see all the files and so on.. But I want to formate the drive so its empty and so I can save my things on the "new" hdd . A pop up comes up and says the Hard drive isnt connected.... That happens every damn time. 1-2 minutes after ive rebooted my computer.. :/

Are you connected to power with your laptop when you have the second hard drive plugged in? Some laptops disable it to save power.

yeah I have the computer plugged in and on High performance

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
yeah I have the computer plugged in and on High performance
Is it inside a mount?

Yes it is :/

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes it is :/
Strange. It should be working unless as posted above, you don't have enough power.