Problem with ports

I have a server and I want my friend to come and play with me.. my ports are opened only for me but now for other computers so he can not join.. how can I open ports so that my friend can also come and play in my server?

You got a firewall active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lz
Посмотреть сообщение
You got a firewall active?
yes but my friend tried to connect with both enabled and disabled firewall but he doesnt manage to connect

Hmm its not a LAN connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lz
Посмотреть сообщение
Hmm its not a LAN connection?
I gave him my IP and the server port,how do I know if that is a LAN connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuriel8833
Посмотреть сообщение
I gave him my IP and the server port,how do I know if that is a LAN connection?
It'll be a LAN connection if hes in your house local network area i think.. So i guess it wont be LAN
get your ip from www.checkmyip.com thats the correct one incase your using the wrong. And i think his port will also have to be open to connect to you but im not too sure.

You will need to port forward i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Killer
Посмотреть сообщение
You will need to port forward i guess
what do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuriel8833
Посмотреть сообщение
what do you mean?
Sorry for late reply, You can learn to portforward here https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Port_Forwarding

Make Sure That Your MODEM Allows Port Forwarding... IF it does set it To Port 7777 UDP Then if ur on a router.. Then u need set Ur Modem to Open port for the router so Look at ur MODEMS Connected Components In example it say 192.168.0.3 For a connected router but it might be different IF so set it to Port 7777 then go into ur router settings and open port 7777 udp for your Computer ur hosting the server on... Then If your running windows 7 Allow exception always doesnt work you have manually add them... So go to Firewall Advanced Settings.. Then click on Incoming Then select New Rule Follow the instructions and Add port 7777