Common fixes for your Computer.

This is only half-assed related to the 'PC.Q' Thread, As I'm going to give the community a share of tips on how to fix your computer if something's wrong.

Common stuff not related to 'Fixing' (Theoratically):

Stay chill. Don't worry (about a dang), Cause every little thing, gonna be allright.

"have you tried turning it on and off already?" [ [MM]IKKE ]

More than half the time, the only problem is dust or just a small fault. Nothing that'll cost you more than 5$ to fix.

Always be sure to carry a brush (like the painting brush) with you. Buy a NEW, CLEAN one. If it has dust, this has no point. (http://www.ackosdiydecorative.com/ek...-buy-689-p.jpg << the pic of the perfect size [ TOO BIG FOR HERE ])

Keep your computer clean. If your computer is on a rug, that computer most likely will have a very quick and painful death.

I'd say clean it once per ~4-5 months to be sure. If it's in a dirty enviroment, Clean it more often.

1. My computer starts (fans running obv), and my monitor shows 'NO SIGNAL'.
1A: Common fixes are to first Replace the RAM (Just take them apart, clean them and put them in different slots) - ****** a picture for what a 'RAM' looks like.
1B: If that doesn't fix it, Connect your PC with power, switch it on and leave it on for ~5seconds. Then turn it off (also from the WALL PLUG) and hold the power button for about ~30 seconds to ~1 minute. This will discharge its supply gracefully. This is what fixed most of my clients' computers. And it's a very quick fix.

2: My computer beeps 11 Times (or w/e, just times).
2A: Since there could be 1000s of answers for this particular one - I suggest looking on ****** with the EXACT amount of beeps your PC is making. If you still need help, PM me.

3: Computer shows no display on the monitor, yet it boots and works fine.
3A: Maybe you have an external graphic's card - (Based on VGA) , You'll have 2 different BLUE dotted holes. Check which one goes to the graphic card [open your case..], and connect it there. it should work.
3B: Could also be that your GFXCard is a goner. Or you just need to try changing your VGA wire. Very rare case that it's the wire, however.

- That's the most of problems my clients have. And that's the answer to most of their problems
Anyway, if you still need help, feel free to hit me up via Visitor Message / PM.

Hope I helped.

"Since there could be 1000s of answers for this particular one - I suggest looking on ****** with the EXACT amount of beeps your PC is making. If you still need help, PM me.
"

AKA. I don't know. ****** it.

Don't use a brush to clean your computer, static electricity and all that...

"have you tried turning it on and off already?"

That one should be first. 95% of the pc problems I ever had, solved itself using this genious method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
"have you tried turning it on and off already?"

That one should be first. 95% of the pc problems I ever had, solved itself using this genious method.
LOL. But paniced people will do that first, trust me. XD.

@Lithion.

Even when I was in school, that's always how they taught us. You use a brush. Cleans all edges and sharp places. Plus it's obvious that you're grounded which means nothing can happen to you / the hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathh
Посмотреть сообщение
LOL. But paniced people will do that first, trust me. XD.
I spend 10 hours per day doing desktop support and service desk phones. Trust me...you'd think it would be the first thing they do but it isn't

This might have been better posted in here: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=128437
Rather than alone where it will slowly drift away.

just scan the shit out of ur computer and it will find all problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
Посмотреть сообщение
just scan the shit out of ur computer and it will find all problems.
I have customers that say the same.

But antiviruses aren't as good as people think they are.

AV's wont detect RATs or KEYLOGGERS. And they're the worst viruses.

I posted this here because rarely anybody posts in the PCQ thread, and everyone creates a thread with their problem.

In general terms the problem is in 95% of the time in the physical layer if looking at the OSI model.