Is this even possible?

OK, as we know, web applications have the best advantage to all applications, you update the code in your server, it changes for everyone, no compiling and nothing of that thing.
Would it be possible to do the same thing with the .pwn file? I mean, without even compiling it. Now I know what you will say, it will not work etc.., but if there was some kind of a built-in function that would actually read from it, and turn the necessary parts into what .amx file has, temporarily. Just like web browsers. So, if you would replace the .pwn file, it would still work, without a server restart or anything.. Now, I am no expert on compile and reverse engineering but would this actually work?

yup SQL and FTP probably. You will have to code your own .DLL/.SO But it wont save into the gamemode but it will save in to a different file probably. But it is possible

Well you could create a file reader/responder in Pawn, but that's pretty damn redundant (script script?)

Just use filterscripts.

Possible and would be great if there was a public release.

It is possible to some degree. I briefly worked on something that would compile PAWN code on linux as it was edited from a web browser. As I wanted to work on my code online, then submit it for compilation and auto FTP to the server if it compiled correctly. I discontinued working on it as my personal needs changed.

There is more likely an easier way to do what you want, what are you trying to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithion
Посмотреть сообщение
There is more likely an easier way to do what you want, what are you trying to do?
He's wanting to be able to edit his .PWN script, and then have it update to the server as he does it. Instead of having to compile it, and then restart his server.

Everything is possible. Well, Almost.

Well, let me put it this way. On scripts which are in beta, still testing stuff. It would be very user-friendly if someone found a bug, the coder would fix it, update it. And there would be no interruption to the game itself, no restart. I am actually turning my commands, and a few stuff that can be edited without a restart. An in-game/outside of the script command creator which stores the CMD name, what it does, permissions, etc.. into a file. Well, you can't get too far with that because creating a variable or a timer wouldn't work, would it.. unless you specify every single function, for example "if(hasloop)for(new i=beginning_val;i<end_val;i++)"Well, that is a incrementing loop, another variable would have to be created to specify that we need a decrementing loop.

In conclusion, coding something like this would save much more time. It would save servers a lot of players too. Because when you restart, most of the moron pathetic noobs leave, they never understand what it feels like when shit ain't working.