Zombie RP servers? will the work?

Pretty simple thread.

There are countless Zombie RP servers out there, but only a few ever made it past about 20 players, what's your opinion on a zombie RP server?

If some one was to create a new one, how ever unique it is, do you think people would play there?
Or do you think that people who like these zombie RP servers are already active on another and won't swap?

Debate.

A Zombie Roleplay server is greater than regular i think. and hope users play/create more of these.

Well if it's a Zombie Roleplay then the players are automatically tied to the same story, they all live in a place full of zombies and have to survive in one way or another. How would you for instance do with the police, would they fight both zombies and criminals or would they be closed and just survive like the rest? And how would people be able to meet and communicate when the streets are full of zombies? I just don't think mixing zombies with roleplaying is a good thing to do, or what do you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zircon-Hosting
Посмотреть сообщение
Well if it's a Zombie Roleplay then the players are automatically tied to the same story, they all live in a place full of zombies and have to survive in one way or another. How would you for instance do with the police, would they fight both zombies and criminals or would they be closed and just survive like the rest? And how would people be able to meet and communicate when the streets are full of zombies? I just don't think mixing zombies with roleplaying is a good thing to do, or what do you say?
In every apocalypse-esque story line in television, the police department has closed down and it's every man for himself basically. Criminals are no longer criminals, Police Officers are no longer Police Officers, and Civilians are no longer Civilians. We're all human, that's the only thing that ties us together after a natural disaster such as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KY
Посмотреть сообщение
In every apocalypse-esque story line in television, the police department has closed down and it's every man for himself basically. Criminals are no longer criminals, Police Officers are no longer Police Officers, and Civilians are no longer Civilians. We're all human, that's the only thing that ties us together after a natural disaster such as that.
Exactly, and therefor it will be like a whole different gamemode since most of the features will be gone, even though the basic RP ones will still exist. So this isn't an easy thing to create, but I do wish you well and if you could come up with some neat features I'll support it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zircon-Hosting
Посмотреть сообщение
Exactly, and therefor it will be like a whole different gamemode since most of the features will be gone, even though the basic RP ones will still exist. So this isn't an easy thing to create, but I do wish you well and if you could come up with some neat features I'll support it.
You'd have to create quite a bit of special effects for it to be successful, use of the audio streaming to broadcast creepy sounds throughout the gamemode would be recommended, without the usual foggy weather right when you connect which just ends up looking obnoxious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KY
Посмотреть сообщение
You'd have to create quite a bit of special effects for it to be successful, use of the audio streaming to broadcast creepy sounds throughout the gamemode would be recommended, without the usual foggy weather right when you connect which just ends up looking obnoxious.
Yes, as I said, if the original poster on this thread could come up with things like these then I think there would be more fans out there which would truly support this project.

I think people should look to zombie mod in CSS for inspiration, there are some great zombie mod servers there, it's the only game I play nowadays.

The key points a scripter would need to focus on for it is instant respawn (even if it's as a zombie after you're killed), making it harder for humans to shoot & kill zombies (not saying you should give zombies 4000+ HP like in CSS, but something more than 100 would probably be appropriate - maybe 200-300 max?), prop spawning (like a range of items you can spawn for credits you get when you kill someone (this server I play gives you 3 credits when you get a kill - and a basic prop is about 2-3 credits), custom scoreboard with teams (zombies/humans) to see who's dead or alive, and knife-to-kill for zombies or something along those lines, just a hit from a zombie infects you, or 2 hits.

These are just a few suggestions from the server I play, but these things are the main reason why I play.

The main problem I see for most zombie servers is as a zombie, it's damn near impossible to kill anyone. Damage buffs are a must.

Sounds more interesting than the default 'waves of zombies and lots of guns' zombie server. But it's still quite an over-used idea.
How about something that is actually new instead? Like a Vampire gamemode (you could have zombies too, Zombie V Vampire V Human), Or a Terminator/RoboCop type scenario (You can make some pretty awesome ones by attaching objects). Or a Prisoner of war camp with guards and prisoners that have a duty to escape.

I'd be far keener to play on something new like this rather than a rehash of an established idea. As, I suspect, would many others.