Objects that emit light

Do you know of any? I've tried to billiard type things (19121 - 19125ish) but they don't seem to cause light with a textdraw-overlay. (The whole purpose of my gamemode), so could someone give me some object IDs that cause light? I put it into discussion because I've never seen this topic anywhere before (I've searched aswell) and it's not exactly me needing scripting help.. so, yeah. Discussion is welcomed.

Open map editor and search for "mirage", "bally", "flamingo" and "neon".

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienoob
View Post
Open map editor and search for "mirage", "bally", "flamingo" and "neon".
Neon is a no-go. Mirage gave me nothing but roads. Flamingo gave me a bunch of buildings. Bally just isn't what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KY
View Post
Neon is a no-go. Mirage gave me nothing but roads. Flamingo gave me a bunch of buildings. Bally just isn't what I'm looking for.
You said "object IDs that cause light". Those objects causes light..

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienoob
View Post
You said "object IDs that cause light". Those objects causes light..
I know, I appreciate it. I'm just crossing them off an imaginary list, lol.

pawn Code:
#emit LIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
View Post
pawn Code:
#emit LIGHT
Damn.. you just ruined my clever post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
View Post
pawn Code:
#emit LIGHT
Well played, well played indeed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
View Post
I've searched a long time for an object like that, I don't think there is one in SA-MP. You can achieve somewhat of a light effect but not like you can in 'the other san andreas mod'. A CreateLight(x, y, z, w, i, color); function would be awsome.

@[HLF]Southclaw: that little light is spotlight object. And you can use it for flares and etc

Which "little light"? My image had around 30 light objects...

And the only one that actually emits light is the Hydra Flare, which as I've said before, flashes epileptically.

Use Map Editor and create spotlight object and you will see that emits light.

What actual object ID though? That's what this post is all about!

I think he means objects 19143 to 19156, they're called "PinSpotLight". (See here) Althought, they have a spotlight model, but it might be possible to make that one invisible with SetObjectMaterial if necessary.

Oh those, I've already tried them and they don't emit light properly, just a texture that always faces the camera.

Such texture is called a lens flare. :P

I don't think there are any other objects that emit light on the environment. Objects like the PointLights do emit light on players and vehicles, but not on objects/the map, if I remember correctly. On your screenshot the street lamp emits some light on the ground too, maybe there's a suitable street light for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basssiiie
Посмотреть сообщение
Such texture is called a lens flare. :P

I don't think there are any other objects that emit light on the environment. Objects like the PointLights do emit light on players and vehicles, but not on objects/the map, if I remember correctly. On your screenshot the street lamp emits some light on the ground too, maybe there's a suitable street light for you?
Like I've said the Hydra Flare does emit light just like street lamps do. I can't find a street lamp small enough and setting the material is out of the question as I intend to attach it to the player (not with AttachObjectToPlayer)

If you're attaching the object with SetPlayerAttachedObject, can't you make the model as tiny as possible, and stick it inside the body of the player? (So it can't be seen?) It might be possible that the light glow won't change size. Although, I'm not sure if there are any limits on scaling objects in SetPlayerAttachedObject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
However, this bunch of lights are (mostly) non-flashing (or slow flashing) lights from the SA:MP objects. These are ALMOST just what I need but they don't produce that environment effect of light that highlights edges on the ground.
I am trying to put flashers at the back of cars, can you specify what objectid is a light flashing or anything, all I could find from this post is the spotlights,

Thank you!